The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Everyone's got their own flavor. That's the beauty of zumba!
Zumba is a cardio based Latin-inspired dance fitness program. It's pretty popular right now.
- Aside Glance: The only form of communication allowed to dancers who aren't Beto, Tanya (and sort of Gina and Asuka)
- Better Than It Sounds: The workout incorporates cardio workout versions of dance moves you might see out at a club. As a result people who go "ughhh" about the gym tend to enjoy this workout more than others.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Tanya and Beto sure are convinced they always know when you're slacking!
- The Determinator: Beto and Tanya do NOT like laziness from you when you're dancing.
- Early Installment Weirdness: The earliest line of Zumba videos are missing Tanya, Gina, and all other recognizable faces. Beto does not speak English.
- Four-Temperament Ensemble:
- Sanguine: Beto
- Choleric: Tanya
- Melancholic: Gina
- Phlegmatic: Asuka
- Hot Mom: Gina.
- Mundane Made Awesome: "Power matrix!" The whole franchise runs on this trope.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Beto. (It's a shortened version of Alberto.)
- Put on a Bus: Asuka doesn't appear in the later videos.
- Stepford Smiler: As with many exercise videos, it's easy to feel alarmed by the dancers' forced smiling every time the camera is focused on them.
- Subverted by Asuka, who tends to make expressions that reflect the mood of the music.
- True Companions: Beto, Tanya, and Gina.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.