|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
"This is a job for the Zula Patrol!"
3D/CG animated television series aimed at preschoolers to 2nd Graders that started airing on Qubo in 2005. Created by Deb Manchester in 1999, Zula Patrol was originally a children's book. This series was designed to entertain while promoting an understanding of science and astronomy through engaging character-driven stories, which focus on specific educational science learning objectives. In every episode of The Zula Patrol, the characters demonstrate inquiry-based learning and critical thinking skills. They also model inquisitiveness, observation, self-reflection, and social experiences that encourage collaboration, teamwork, and an excitement for scientific exploration and problem solving.
Of course, in every new episode, they do learn something new and science-y. However, the show breaks the laws of science about once per new idea they teach.
- And Knowing Is Half the Battle: Every episode ends in a recap of what they learned.
- Catch Phrase: Bula: "This is a job for the Zula Patrol!"
- Deadpan Snarker: Traxie, Truder's Sidekick.
- Did Not Do the Research: Just about every time that the Protagonists learn something, they break some-other law of science.
- Everything Talks: Every single object in outer space can talk. Except for the main characters' homeworld.
- Great Big Book of Everything: Every principle taught is in here, somewhere. And it IS a Doorstopper.
- Humanoid Aliens: If you were supposed to be a living creature, expect to be this here.
- Intelligent Gerbil: Wizzy and Wigg (easily based off of bee/lightning bug)
- Little Green Men: Bula.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Dark Truder's signature fallback plan. Also expect Traxie as part of it.
- Parental Bonus: See Shout-Out.
- Rubber Forehead Aliens
- Shout-Out: To Alien, of all things. Specifically, the tagline.
- Strictly Formula