|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Tallahassee raging about the Hostess truck being filled with snowballs, when the viewer can see what looks like a blurry crate of Twinkies by the door, just out of sight.
- Columbus trying to ride off on a motorcycle to save Little Rock and Wichita like a heroic Badass... and failing.
- "Thank God for rednecks!" After finding a very hillbilly house with an H3 Hummer. With a case of weapons in the back.
- "I'm in Garland, Texas. And it may look like zombies destroyed it, but that's actually just Garland."
- The zombie three-legged race in the opening sequence. Note how the opening sequence alternates between awesome and funny with every shot?
- Columbus revealing his greatest fear while sitting on a toilet when a Monster Clown bursts out from under the door (fortunately its only his imagination).
- No mention of the stereotypical Suburban Mom Van being mobbed by an army of small zombie princesses?
- Three Words; Sister Cynthia Knickerbocker. Also qualifies for Zombie Kill of the Week.
- During the driving montage, the brief shot of Little Rock explaining how Hannah Montana works to a surprisingly enthralled Tallahassee. With "Popular" by Kristin Chenoweth playing in the background.
- And the bit of the montage where Little Rock is driving.
Wichita: "This is the freeway, so you can go up to 65, but you don't want to go over 75..."
Columbus: "You don't want to go over 20!"
- On repeated viewings, when you realise that the guy who gets killed in the bathroom to demonstrate rule #3 is the same guy who gets conned by Wichita and Little Rock in their flashback.
- After the girls run off again:
Columbus: To Tallahasee You're like a giant cockblocking robot built in a secret fucking government lab.
- After Little Rock takes them hostage a second time, Tallahassee shrieks "Don't kill me with my own gun!"
- When they're raiding Bill Murray's kitchen.
Little Rock: No Twinkies.
- Tallahassee gushing over Bill Murray -- "I've been watching your movies since I was...old enough to masturbate! Not that those two things are connected."
- When Columbus finally overcomes his coulrophobia by smashing in the face of a zombie clown with a sledgehammer, the impact of the blow causes a comical clown nose *Honk*.
- Tallahassee: I've never been good with goodbyes so... That'll do pig.
- The appearances of the rules on screen when they're applied. The words appear on the screen, always in a manner appropriate to the scene - and when "Enjoy the little things" floats over a destroyed tacky souvenir shop, cracking, creaking and the word 'things' about to fall off the sentence at any moment...it's a hilarious visual gag.
- Even better is the rule #1 Cardio.
As Columbus runs from the zombies at the gas station, the rule appears and one of the zombies smashes hip-first into the rule nad breaks it. In lap two, that zombie is limping far behind.
- Columbus giving both barrels to not-actually-zombie Bill Murray.
- Not to mention this quote following that scene:
Little Rock: "Do you have any regrets?"
Bill: "Garfield, maybe."
- What about his final breath going on FAR too long
- The Stinger is even better.
- What about his final breath going on FAR too long
- Tallahassee attracting zombies by playing "Dueling Banjos" from Deliverance on a banjo, then smashing a charging zombie's head in with it while yelling "You've got a purdy mouth!"
- This part of the 406 sequence:
Columbus: * holding a blender as a weapon* Now listen, 406, I don't want to hurt you but--
- blender falls apart*
- "You've never heard of Willie Nelson?" "No." "Willie. Nelson."
Little Rock: Who's Bill Murray?
Tallahassee: ...I've never hit a child, but asking who Bill Murray is?? That's like asking who Gandhi is!!
Little Rock: ...who's Gandhi?
- "Blind spots are for other drivers!"
- How about when Columbus and Tallahassee are talking about the last time they got laid and they see a zombie in the middle of the road eating a person?
Tallahassee: Look, whatever you have waitin' for you in Columbus, I promise you it ain't any prettier then our friend here enjoying her manwich.
- Tallahassee then steers the Cadillac around, driving at a reasonable speed and opens the door, smacking the zombie in the face while he laughs.
- "Somebody's ear is in danger of having hair brushed over it!"
- Columbus chucking the whiskey out the car window is done so perfectly, it's probably the best example of quickly-disposing-of-stuff-whilst-other-person-ain't-looking on film.
- Tallahassee's verbal backtrack:
Tallahassee: [Pacific Playland] totally blows!
[Little Rock and Wichita give Tallahassee angry looks]
Tallahassee: ... my mind. Just fun for the whole family.
- "Oh. My. God. You're thinking about fucking Wichita. Well, wish granted, boy! She's been fucking us for the past 24 hours!"
- Wichita punking Columbus for the second time and going Bummer.
- Columbus' final stand off with a zombie clown. The scenario is hilarious enough, but what he says before we see the clown is what sells it.
Columbus: Oh my god, look at this fucking clown.