|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
We follow five college kids on a roadtrip, which takes a severe swerve for the worse when they run over a squirrel that immediately comes back to life and chases them down. The trip takes a decided downhill turn from there.
The first episode can be found here.
Zombie Roadkill Contains Examples Of:
- Attack of the Killer Whatever: Squirrels and possums and skunks, oh my!
- Big Damn Heroes: First Chet to Simon, then Simon to his friends.
- Boy Meets Ghoul: Simon runs over Trish to bring her back and seems happy with his zombie girlfriend. Greg passes on bringing Amber back this way.
- Dirty Coward: Greg fakes a broken leg so he won't have to go for help.
- Everythings Nuttier With Squirrels: A rare horror variant.
- Eye Scream: The first zombie squirrel we see rips out a girl's eyes and then wears one to replace its own.
- Indian Burial Ground: Lampshaded to hell and back. Witches came in and burned the Indians' virgins, then cannibals ate the witches, then the government built a lab and experiment on murderers and child molesters. Then the built a highway over it.
- Killer Rabbit: Literally.
- Losing Your Head: Does not deter these animals from their appointed maimings.
- Magical Defibrillator: Mocked.
*holding the paddles over air vents to keep the creatures from getting in* Clear!
- Ominous Fog: Ominous demon skunk gas.
- Raising the Steaks: In as silly and gruesome a way as possible.
- Revenge Before Reason: When they finally talk to one of the animals, they find that they don't really have a good reason for their actions.
"What do you want?"
- Smelly Skunk: Demonic Skunk Vapor Smokescreen.
- Your Head Asplode: Caused by zombie rabbits burrowing up your neck.