The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
- Ginger (Ryan Newman): Zeke's sister. She usually mandates the B plot.
- Kojo (Daniel Curtis Lee): The neighborhood jock and rival who can also act as an ally.
- ...and Ozzie, Don, Lisa, The Plunks, Poochie, Stinky Cast, Kirby, Jumpsuit, etc.
Not to be confused with Zack and Cody.
This show provides examples of...
- Actor Allusion: When Daniel Curtis Lee poses has Luther's brother he hams it up and accidentally calls him Loomer.
- Affectionate Parody: Of The Hangover
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Ginger
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Zeke and Luther often will interrupt the show to explain, interject, or something else. It's also functions as a Confession Cam.
- Brother Chuck: Olivia completely disappeared following "Adventure Boy" and no mention has been made at all of her since.
- Broken Aesop: In "Cup Stacking". So, if my best friend shows talent in something that doesn't interest me, I should find his friends and scare them into abandoning my friend so he'll come crawling back?
- Catch Phrase: Ginger repeatedly calls Zeke and Luther "pit-sniffers".
- Ginger also tends to say "Oh yeah, baby!" when things are going her way.
- Also, Kojo's "Watch out!".
- Crossover: Zeke and Luther once appeared in a Peter Punk episode.
- Also, Dale Davis appeared in Kickin It.
- Demoted to Extra: Ginger in Season 3 due to Ryan Newman leaving the show.
- Enemy Mine: Zeke and Ginger are forced into this to defeat jumpsuit at one point.
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep": Jumpsuit Johnson, Stinky Cast.
- Expy: It's pretty obvious that Ginger is the Pim Diffy of the present day.
- Fan Disservice: Oswald's shorts are really really short (shudder).
- Free-Range Children: And how!
- Getting Crap Past the Radar:
- Luther was sagging in one episode. And yes, they actually referred to the act as sagging.
- An entire episode was based on the plot of The Hangover.
- In one episode, a guy talked about stuffing bananas in his Wedge-o-Matic.
- In "Adventure Boy," when Kojo is trying to teach Zeke girl-grabbing tips, one of the hooking lines he uses is, "Your lips look kinda cold. Let me warm 'em up for you." While he could be talking about kissing, he could also be talking about sex. (Lips are also a name for...never mind.)
- The Ghost: Zeke's parents are mentioned but noticeably absent, even when the plot clearly calls for them.
- Heterosexual Life Partners: Zeke and Luther, obviously.
- Jerkass: Most of characters show their jerkass side. Luther seems to be the exception in this trope (sometimes).
- Kid Com
- Killer Robot: in "I, Skatebot"
- Ladykiller in Love: Kojo, in "Sludge"
- Laugh Track: Mercifully averted (unlike several other shows on its network).
- Lawful Stupid: Deputy Dingle
- Name and Name
- Shout-Out: In an episode featuring Hayley Kiyoko, Luther goes up to her, takes a whiff of her hair, and says it smells like lemons.
- To anyone who has watched The Shining, watch the Gingernator.
- Hutch Dano (Zeke) also had a role on the Suite Life On Deck as Moose, Bailey's ex from Kettlecorn and in one episode of Zeke and Luther he is found shedding corn and he says, "What, I shed corn when I am stressed" and on the Suite Life On Deck he also sheds corn.
- Sitcom Arch Nemesis: The Plunk Brothers
- Skate Heaven Is a Place on Earth: A rare non-gaming example.
- Stalker with a Crush: Lisa Grubner, Zeke's 12 and a half year old stalker.
- Story Arc: A good chunk of season 3 revolves around the boys skate careers picking up for real.
- Ted Baxter: Kojo, to an insane degree.
- Too Dumb to Live: Luther, at times. Such as when he thinks a hospital bedpan is a guacamole bowl and asks if he can have one.
- Totally Radical: advertisements hype its "skater lingo."
- Unusual Euphemism: Oh, my god. Watch the show.
- World of Ham: Arguably the best thing about the show.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.