|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
According to The Other Wiki, Yūji Mitsuya (三ツ矢 雄二, Mitsuya Yūji?) (October 18, 1954 - ) is an actor, seiyū, and sound supervisor from Nagoya, Aichi Prefecture, affiliated with Bring Up. After graduating from the famous Meiji University, he took up voice acting, and had the good luck to debut in a main role: Hyouma Aoi from Combattler V, though his actual Star-Making Role was Tatsuya Uesugi from Touch.
Mitsuya's roles are pretty different in nature. The aforementioned Hyouma was The Hero and a Badass Biker, but you might remember him much more as Virgo Shaka from Saint Seiya or Dr. Tofu Ono from Ranma ½. He's also quite a recurrent face in foreign dubbing, being the Japanese dub voice of Marty McFly in Back to The Future and Jack in Will and Grace. And last but not least, he's one of the few male seiyuus with Cross-Dressing Voices... at least in the case of some tough old ladies.
Most notable roles by Yuji Mitsuya
- Amadeus (dub voice of none other than Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart)
- Back to The Future (dub voice of Marty Mc Fly)
- Combattler V (Hyouma Aoi)
- Devil Hunter Yohko (Madoka Mano, when old. Satomi Koorogi briefly took up the role when she was de-aged)
- Fatal Fury (Duck King, but only in the anime)
- God Mars (Marg; reprising his role in Super Robot Wars Z2)
- Legend of the Galactic Heroes (Heinrich Von Kaemmel)
- Ranma ½ (Dr. Tofu)
- Saint Seiya (Virgo Shaka)
- Star Wars (dub voice of... Jar Jar Brinks)
- Touch (Tatsuya Uesugi)