|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Anime and Manga
- Soul Eater: Maka says this to Soul Eater about him using brute force early in the series.
- In the Seeker Bears manga called Toklo's story, when the Big Bear roars at Oka to keep her cuns away from him or else, Oka retorts that threats is his answer to everything. And remember that this bear is the father of Toklo and Tobi...
- The 10 Doctors: The Second Doctor to the Third, when he suggests they Reverse the Polarity to solve their current problem.
The Dude: Ah, fuck it.
The Big Lebowski: Fuck it! Yes! That's your answer. That's your answer for everything!
- Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
Mother T. rex: [Roars]
Sid: Oh, that's your answer to everything. I don't exactly call that communication. I say they're vegetarian, you say "grrr". I say can we talk about it, you say "grrr". That's not what I call communication.
Mother T. rex: GRRRRRR!
Sid: See, that's your answer to everything!
- Baby (2000)
John Malone: Is that what this is about, you blame me for what happened? There was nothing we could do!
Lily Malone: Oh yeah? What was it then? Fate, kismet? Isn't that your answer for everything?
- Clerks II: after failing to come up with his usual wisdom filled speech for the movie, Silent Bob is called "Fucking Useless" by Jay. And finally strikes back at him with this.
Silent Bob: You know, that hurts man. What do you ever contribute to the proceedings? You've got one answer for everything: "Pussy, man."
- In the Seeker Bears manga Toklo's Story, the father of Toklo and Tobi snaps at Oka to keep her cubs out of his territory or else. Oka retorts with this:
Oka: Threats. Always threats. That's your answer to everything, isn't it?
Live Action TV
Ross: Well, yeah, I think we should get married!
Rachel: What? Because that's your answer to everything?
- Frasier episode "Daphne Hates Sherry"
Daphne: Sex. That's your answer for everything. It's like you're part rabbit. People ought to rub your feet for luck.
- Will and Grace episode "Lows in the Mid-Eighties"
Grace: Mom! This isn't fair!
Bobbi Adler: Well, neither is my cottage cheese ass!
Grace: Why is that your answer to everything?
Moebius: Your only solution for every problem: kill...
Kain: This is not a debate. You see, this time, you have nothing that I want.
- A commercial for Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure has Stealth Elf asking Boomer if "BLOW IT UP!" is his answer for everything.
- Final Fantasy X 2: Shinra always goes "I'm just a kid." whenever he gets stuck with no other answers to give people in order to avoid responsible.
Riff: Kesandru's precise wards are tied to wood, mortar, plaster... various mundane materials that share one important quality. They all can be blown up.
Torg: Riff, that's always your plan!
Riff: It's more of a philosophy.
Black Mage: What makes you qualified to make that kind of judgement?
Red Mage: Mastery of animal husbandry, of course.
Black Mage: Why is that your answer for everything? **Beat** How is that your answer for everything?
Red Mage: There is no problem that cannot be overcome by an imaginative and vigorous use of the animal husbandry skill.
Marena: How did you avoid getting hurt this time?
Secret: Dodge Charms.
Marena: Is that your answer to everything?
Secret: Because it is the answer to everything.
Fedya: We not have problem if you let me use sledgehammer.
Shilo: Dude, the sledgehammer’s your answer to everything.
- Kickassia, Part 1:
Lee: Maybe we can jump on him and use his turtle shell to get extra points!
Critic: That's your answer to everything.
Lee: Well it would work if you gave it a shot!
- Homestar Runner: The Best Decemberween Ever
Coach Z: Well, Homestar, I'll tell ya. Buying a Decemberween present for Strong Bad is like a great sports play.
Homestar: Let me guess. I can't just rush into the score zone.
Coach Z: Hey, that's right!
Homestar: Coach! That's your answer for everything!
Coach Z: Oh. Mouthwash?
- Doctor Moley was actually offended once when someone asked if he also offered cream.
- Ben 10 episode "Truth":
Ben Tennyson: I don't get it. How come you didn't tell Phil about the Omnitrix?
Grandpa Max: That's on a need-to-know-basis only Ben, the less people who know the better.
Gwen Tennyson: Guess that's your answer to everything, isn't it, Grandpa?
- Clerks the Animated Series episode 3 with the long name:
Randal Graves: And the lightsaber, you turn it on and it goes yea-high. How does it know when to stop?
Dante Hicks: The Force?
Randal Graves: Man, that's your answer for everything.
- Hypernauts episode "Battle at Vekara":
Russell 'Ace' Antonov: We've got to get this ship some firepower!
Noriko 'Max' Matsuda: Is that your answer for everything? Firepower?
Private: Oh, Rico! Chainsaw's your answer to everything!
- This exchange from a Halloween special of The Simpsons:
*Maggie has mutated into an alien and Marge takes her to the doctor's office*
Marge: So what's your diagnosis?
Dr. Hibbert: Fire! And lots of it.
Marge: (sigh) That's your cure for everything.
- Also Homer's plan to escape being slandered by the media: Start a new life Under the Sea.
Marge: Homer that's your solution to everything, to move under the sea. It's not gonna happen.
Homer: Not with that attitude.
Twilight Sparkle: Now what do we do?
Rainbow Dash: That's your answer for everything!
- Spinelli's friends in Recess: School's Out say this about Spinelli threatening to "introduce" the students who aren't cooperating to her "good friend Madam Fist" -- a callback to an early episode of the series when she threatens to do the same to anyone who gives Gus a hard time.
- ↑ For reference, they are repairing an airship.