|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Young Royals is a series of novels for children by Carolyn Meyer, based on the lives of historical royalty. It began with The House of Tudor but has been expanded to other countries and time periods. The expected publication date of the seventh book is June 19, 2012. It will be based on the life of Mary of Scotland.
Each book features inside looks at what the lives of each girl would have been like, including daily routine, protocol, out-of-the-ordinary experiences, and first-hand views of the lives of the people surrounding each of them. The portrayal of each royal is biased according to the position of the observing royal and it provides an interesting window into the life of royalty.
- God Save Us From the Queen: Everybody hates Anne Boleyn in Doomed Queen Anne, claiming that she has magic powers and that she is wicked because of her sixth finger and the mole on her neck.
- Princess in Rags: Catherine Of Aragon in Patience, Princess Catherine chose poverty rather than going home to Spain in hope of marrying the soon to be Henry VIII Of England.
- In Mary, Bloody Mary both mother and daughter chose solitary poverty rather than accept that Henry was head of the Church of England and that they were no longer queen and princess.
- Pinped Out Dress: In The Bad Queen when Antonia recieved the French gowns she saw that they were laden with lace and rebbons and flowers and feathers and beads and fringe, and they sporkled with jewels.
- Modest Royalty: Austrain ladies never wore anything like the Fench gowns, with the enormous skirts draped over giganitc panniers-hoops-tied on either side of the hip.
- Fairytale Wedding Dress: Antonia's beautiful gown of cloth of silver shimmered in the candlelight. She felt ver elegant, from head to toe a princess.
- The Woman Wearing the Queenly Mask: Marie Antoinette in The Bad Queen wanted a splendid new gown for the people to see her in. After the people ignore and insult her she puts on a brave face because she doesn't want to let them see how much they wounded their queen.