|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Pretty much the whole movie. Still:
- The scene on the front steps of the castle with Frederick, Igor, Inga and Elizabeth. The entire filmcrew was laughing so hard they had trouble shooting it.
Frederick: "Igor, help me with the bags."
Igor: "Soitenly! You take the blond and I'll take the one in the toiban! RAWWWR..."
- On the DVD featurettes, you can see at least half a dozen failed takes of this scene where everyone cracks up.
- "What knockers!"
- "Oh! Thank you, doctor!"
- Every single moment of the "Putting On The Ritz" scene.
-Especially Gene Wilder's dance after the light explodes and he tries to convince the monster to resume dancing. "Are you trying to make me look like a fool!?"
- "Ain't got no body, and nobody cares for me. Yakka ta ha..."
- The entire scene in the classroom at the beginning.
- The fact that Marty Feldman kept shifting his Igor (EYE-gor) hump around inspired an ad-libbed joke from Gene Wilder: "Didn't you used to have that on the other...never mind."
- "No!...No, stop it, I won't say it!...No, I don't believe in fate...No...All right, I give, I give, I'll say it!! DESTINY! DESTINY! NO ES-CA-PING THAT FOR-ME! DESTINY! DESTINY! NO ES-CA-PING THAT FOR-ME!"
- PUT...THE CANDLE...BACK!
- Inspector Kemp is a walking CMoF, though perhaps his best moment is the dart scene. "Nice grouping."
- Would you like a roll in ze hay? Roooooll, roooooooll, roll in ze haaaay!!!!"
- "Walk this way. No, walk this way."
- "Werewolf?" "There wolf."
- "Ooohhh Sweet mystery of life at last I've found yooooou!"
- "He... vas... mah... BOYFRIEND!!!"
- So funny that they turned it into an entire song for the musical.
- "Is - that - what - you're - telling - me!?!"
- Gene Hackman's blind hermit.
- "Come back! I was going to make espresso!"
- The charades scene. "Sedagive?!"
- Kemp's nigh-unintelligible accent.
Kemp: Zootshteps, zootshteps! Follow in 'is grandfather's zootshteps!
- "Blucher!" *WHINNY AND THUNDER*
- Especially Eye-gor just popping out and shouting "Blucher" to make the horses freak out, and Marty Feldman's impish grin.
- You know how funny this movie is? According to the commentary, Mel Brooks had to stick a handkerchief in his mouth when filming most of the scenes so he wouldn't ruin them by laughing from behind the camera.
- This is the only Frankenstein adaption where the Monster and the Doctor Frankenstein have a dance retinue
- Frederick tells the others not to let him out of the room while he's there alone with the monster, no matter what. Naturally, when the monster wakes up, he's singing a different tune:
Frederick: Let me out. Let me out of here. Get me the hell out of here. What's the matter with you people? I was joking! Don't you know a joke when you hear one? HA-HA-HA-HA. Jesus Christ, get me out of here! Open this goddamn door or I'll kick your rotten heads in! Mommy!