|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
"People say I talk too much."
—Verbal Kint and Todd Hockney, The Usual Suspects.
A Stock Phrase said from a character who may often border on The Stoic to one who is rather chatty or Motor Mouthed. Typically delivered as a punchline to the end of a long spiel or complaint made by the latter character. Also occasionally used to Shut UP, Hannibal.
A romantic variant has this line followed up by a "Shut Up" Kiss.
- Said by Sylvester Stallone's Judge Dredd to Rob Schneider's Plucky Comic Relief in the Comic Book Adaptation when trying to guess what crime he was charged with.
- Shanghai Noon had the Sioux chief's daughter tell this to Roy.
- In the Prince of Persia the Sands of Time film, The Silent Bob knife thrower uses up his speech token to tell his boss/Left debtor, the hammy Ostrich entrepreneur Alfred Molina, this when he's worrying about the dangerous mission.
- On Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, episode Vortex, the, in terms of character, very solid and immutable Odo (from a species of liquid form changlings) meets the exiled conman Croden.
Odo: I think I finally figured out what crime you were found guilty of on your world.
- Power Rangers RPM: Tenaya 7 and Ziggy are fighting over the Series Green morpher. She's a super-powered cyborg who can take on actual Rangers and he...isn't, but she wastes too much time gloating.
Tenaya: Now I will bond with your Series Green and destroy the Power Rangers from within. I will become the final stage of techno-awareness -
- Piccolo to Raditz in Dragonball Z.
- Also Android 18 to Vegeta.
Android 18: He talks too much.
- In Mass Effect 2, Grunt tells you that "Humans talk too much" if you try to talk to him before you've unlocked his next conversation.
- On Mordin's loyalty mission, a Krogan goes on for about a minute about their plan for great revenge on the other races, during which the Renegade Interrupt button taunts you the entire time. Click it and...
- In Guilty Gear, Baiken says this to Ky Kiske in her win quote against him and states that she doesn't care about his strong sense of justice.
Baiken: Blah blah blah! You talk too much! Does anyone actually give a crap about your ridiculous sense of justice? I know I sure don't.
- A running gag in Bionicle has people say this to Vezon on a regular basis.
- Sokka to Suki in Avatar: The Last Airbender, "The Serpent's Pass."
- Disney's Peter Pan says "girls talk too much" after listening to Wendy gush all about him while she sews his shadow back on.
- Double D from Ed Edd n Eddy. Big time.
Eddy: Do you EVER turn off?!
- Bulkhead to Lugnut in the first Season Finale of Transformers Animated. Lugnut has Bulkhead on the ropes and is about to deliver his Punch Of Kill Everything, but starts speechifying about "the glorious Decepticon race". Bulkhead uses his wrecking ball arm to trigger the punch, and Lugnut is sent flying into the distance by his own attack.