|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Typically-British Panel Game in which the contestants watch and analyse various television programs. The show is concocted and hosted by Charlie Brooker, with guests from the British comedy and panel show circuit such as Frankie Boyle, Josie Long, and David Mitchell.
Each week the panelists watch a number of shows and then assess them, as well as answering questions about them from Charlie, such as improvements to the show or to test whether they learned anything from it. The show also includes small reviews from Charlie of each show, somewhat similar to the material seen in Screenwipe.
The show also includes a website, where the viewers could see what TV shows they're going to review each week, as well as the ability to submit comments through Twitter ("which is bloody modern").
- Catch Phrase: "END OF THE SHOW", and also when closing up, Charlie usually says "GO AWAY" to the viewing audience.
- Caustic Critic: Despite it being a quiz show, it's still mostly vitriolic assessments of other television shows.
- One-Scene Wonder: Mr. Fuggles.
- Panel Show
- Self-Deprecation: "If anyone's a charlatan here, it's me. Oh, I hope Josie doesn't know I fancy her." Also, Charlie willingly admits that his catchphrase "END OF THE SHOW" is rubbish.
- The Points Mean Nothing: Literally invoked, even.