|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Yogi's Space Race was a Saturday Morning Cartoon produced in 1978 by Hanna-Barbera for NBC. It was essentially an update of the same studio's Wacky Races, with Yogi Bear, Huckleberry Hound and Jabberjaw among the competitors.
The show had three supporting segments: Galaxy Goof-Ups, The Buford Files and The Galloping Ghost.
This cartoon provides examples of:
- The Bad Guy Wins: Phantom Phink won most of the races, either as himself or as Captain Good.
- Batman Can Breathe in Space: So can women, bears, dogs, ducks and even sharks.
- The Cameo: Quick Draw McGraw and Jana of the Jungle have made appearances.
- Cassandra Truth: In one episode, the space race's official computer revealed that Captain Good and Phantom Phink are one and the same but nobody believed. At least Good/Phink had to rescue the others to protect the masquerade.
- Cowboy Bebop at His Computer: In one full-color print ad, Scarebear was shown with Mumbly's color scheme: light blue fur and yellow clothing.
- Disney Acid Sequence: The infamous disco freak-out numbers in Galaxy Goof-Ups.
- Phantom Phink Stops to Cheat
- Peacock Girl: The lead singer/dancer in the aforementioned disco sequences.
- Recycled in Space: Literally so.
- Wacky Racing