|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
"He's Now, he's hip, he's smarter then the average bear- YOGI BEAR! Now 14 years old, Yogi no longer lives in Jellystone Park. It's the '90s and Yogi and his friends, BOO BOO, HUCKLEBERRY HOUND, SNAGGLEPUSS and CINDY BEAR, hang out at the modern day town square -- The fantastic, indoor-outdoor "echo-techino" JELLYSTONE MALL."—Yo Yogi! press release.
Yo Yogi! was a Saturday Morning Cartoon that ran on NBC from 1991 to 1992. It was Hanna-Barbera's answer to Saved by the Bell and Muppet Babies. It features Yogi Bear, Boo Boo Bear, Snagglepuss, Huckleberry Hound and Cindy Bear as teenagers. Yogi and the gang would solve mysteries in "Jellystone Mall", under the watchful eye of Officer Smith (a younger Ranger Smith), while "Dickie" (a teenage Dick Dastardly) would try to foil them.
This show provides one or more examples of
- Anthropomorphic Shift: Everyone wears at least one article of clothing, not including Ring Around the Collar.
- Attention Whore: Roxy Bear
- Adults Are Useless: But as an added bonus, so are most of the kids!
- Amazing Technicolor Wildlife
- Ambiguously Gay: Snagglepuss, naturally...
- Barefoot Cartoon Animals: Boo Boo and Snagglepuss.
- Bitch Alert: Again, Roxy.
- Bratty Teenage Daughter: Again Roxy, and Cindy Depending on the Writer.
- Cool Board: Boo Boo's skateboard, although it's not very cool.
- Catch Phrase: At one point, Snagglepuss' catch phrase was changed to "Heavens to Rambo."
- Five-Man Band: Yogi (The Hero), Boo Boo (The Lancer), Cindy (The Chick), Huck (The Smart Guy) and Snagglepuss (The Big Guy).
- Flanderization: Pretty much the whole cast, but mostly Cindy.
- Fully-Dressed Cartoon Animal: Cindy Bear
- Genre Killer: For the Saturday Morning Cartoon on NBC. Also not helpful: the TNBC lineup, which included Saved By the Bell, was in full swing.
- Half Dressed Funny Animal: Yogi Bear and Huckleberry Hound. Yogi wears a jacket and hi-tops with his signature outfit.
- Heterosexual Life Partners: Boo Boo and Yogi (as always), as well as Huckleberry Hound and Snagglepuss.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: Magilla Ice.
- Kids Are Cruel: Dickie Dastardly
- Kid Detective: The premise of the show.
- Lions and Tigers and Humans, Oh My!
- Mythology Gag: Actually a pretty cool one, given the rest of the show, but in one episode Huck is tasked with retrieving an ape named "Wee Willie", a younger version of a character from the very first Huckleberry Hound episode.
- Not Me This Time: When Snagglepuss lost a bust of William Shakespeare, he decided to make it seem it was stolen and accidentally got his friends to accuse Dick Dastardly.
- Once Per Episode: Yogi spun his hat as a signal for the viewer to put on special glasses for the 3-D scene.
- TV Teen
- Teens Are Short
- Totally Radical: The show's whole premise, as its title not-so-subtly suggests.
- Leeroy Jenkins
- The Nineties
- Shout-Out: Dickie's bicycle's design resembles the Mean Machine and his clothes resemble his uniform from Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines.
- Spinoff Babies
- Averted with Augie Doggie, who appears in the show with adult Doggie Daddy.
- Younger and Hipper: The purest example of this Trope at its worst.
- Vague Age: Boo Boo's age in the original series was pretty debatable, but this series only raises further questions.
- Valley Girl: Cindy and Roxy