|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Yeralash, or Eralash (Russian: Ералаш) is a Russian (formerly Soviet) children's comedy TV show and children's comedy magazine. The show has been running from mid 70's to today. Each "episode" is ten minutes long, composed of several shorts (usually three). The show is very popular. Normally, it features children, with problems like school, love, or parents. Often absolutely hilarious. By now, over 200 episodes have come out.
The title song of the series is one of the most recognizable songs in Russia.
Some of the tropes:
- Afraid of Needles
- Be Careful What You Wish For: Several shorts, like one where a guy is asked by his granny to do some chores, and says (rather rudely) that they'll be done by some famous people (a Russian figure of speech). When he comes home, they are all working (despite being dead).
- Cosmetic Catastrophe: Done at least twice. One occasion involved the little girl in question scaring off two robbers.
- Escalating War: Two kids start pushing each other... Then they call upon their relatives... Then we have a nuclear war.
- Everybody Smokes: Many of the kids smoke. One short is about two reporters searching for a student who doesn't. The only one they can find states he quit two weeks ago, and can't go on any longer.
- Hot for Student: There is a short about a boy who goes to a sorcerer in order to improve the attitude of a female (not too young) teacher who is displeased with his grades. The crush makes her believe she doesn't give him enough attention... how about a few hours of private tutoring every day?
- Hypocritical Humor
- Jabba Table Manners: The Princess Who Never Laughed.
- Puppy Love: All the time.
- Refugee From TV Land: One of the shorts is about a bicyclist from a school mathematics textbook forcing two kids to finally solve the problem involving him.
- Relative Error
- Standard Hero Reward: The Princess Who Never Laughed.