Yasuko Kobayashi is a name to be reckoned with in the Tokusatsu industry. For those unfamiliar, Kobayashi is a woman writer; that in itself is a bit rare in the Toku genre. Started her career as a sub-writer in Tokusou Robo Janperson, she became especially well known in this decade as the writer of Kamen Rider Ryuki, Kamen Rider Den-O, Mirai Sentai Timeranger, Samurai Sentai Shinkenger and Kamen Rider OOO.
What's so remarkable about her, you ask? Because she's one of the few people in the industry who actively puts effort into creating Tokusatsu stories which are richer in context, while appealing to the target and periphery demographics alike, as opposed to leaving them as light kid-appeal media as they generally are. Her style of writing and the tones she tend to take with her stories in particular are rather memorable; her stories are often dark, or if not, at least morally ambiguous. Her characters also tend to receive lots of variety and characterization from their creator. In short, she works on her stories wholeheartedly, and it shows.
For a more in-depth analysis on her style of writing, do take a look at the Analysis page.
Long story short, if Yasuko Kobayashi is on board as the main writer, it's a safe bet that you're in for a well-written series - preferences notwithstanding.
Kobayashi's involved works
Note: Names in bold indicate works as the lead writer.
- Metal Heroes Series
- Super Sentai Series
- Denji Sentai Megaranger - Sub-writer; 13 episodes.
- Seijuu Sentai Gingaman
- Rescue Sentai Go Go Five - Sub-writer; 10 episodes.
- Mirai Sentai Timeranger
- Go Go Sentai Boukenger - Sub-writer; 11 episodes.
- Samurai Sentai Shinkenger
- Samurai Sentai Shinkenger The Movie - The Fateful War
- Samurai Sentai Shinkenger VS Go-onger
- Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
- Kamen Rider Series
- Kamen Rider Agito - Sub-writer; #28 only.
- Kamen Rider Ryuki
- Kamen Rider Den-O
- Kamen Rider Den-O: I'm Born!
- Kamen Rider Den-O & Kiva: Climax Detectives
- Goodbye, Kamen Rider Den-O: Final Countdown
- Chō Kamen Rider Den-O & Decade Neo Generations: The Onigashima Battleship
- Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider Trilogy: Episode Red, Episode Blue
- Kamen Rider Decade - Sub-writer; 4 episodes. 
- Kamen Rider OOO
- Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, of which she wrote every single episode.
- ↑ In what seems to be the only photo of her on the Internet.
- ↑ Only #40.
- ↑ Cannot be linked because of the Kanji in the URL. Type "小林靖子" in the search box.
- ↑ Unsurprisingly, ones involving Den-O and Shinkenger.
- ↑ A detailed list of her involvements in this kind of media can be seen here.
- ↑ Based on an existing Manga.
- ↑ Based on an existing light novel.