|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
That is our dream!—Pyra, referring to Elysium
Alrest is a world covered in a sea of clouds. Many giant lifeforms called the Titans live in this cloud sea, and people have built their countries and lives on top of these creatures. Many great powers rule over regions of Alrest. Before long, this world will fall into turmoil over efforts to find the legendary blade, The Aegis....
One day, a young scavenger called Rex meets a girl called Pyra, and they set off a journey to deliver her safely to Elysium, a land on the top of the World Tree at the centre of Alrest. Their journey will be far from easy.
Directed by Koh Kojima and Genki Yokota. Developed by Monolith Soft and published by Nintendo.
- Back From the Dead: Pyra brings Rex back to life by giving him half of her life force after he is killed by Jin.
- Cat Girl: Nia has cat ears.
- Cleavage Window: Pyra's armour has one, though her breasts are covered with some kind of black material.
- Fingerless Gloves: Pyra also wears those.
- Jerkass With a Heart of Gold: Nia is a very unpleasant person to be around, but she has her moral limits that she's not willing to cross.
- Killer Rabbit: Not only a party member is a Nopon, but the leader of the Argentum Trade Guild is a Nopon and it seems to have an active role at the plot, wanting the Aegis to make money off her.
- Living Weapon: All Blades, though some resemble more robots than biological beings.
- Male Gaze: The first time we see Pyra, the camera takes a focus on her...right in her breasts. Not from down to the top, it goes right to the breasts and back to Rex. Yup, the developers are perverts.
- Meaningful Name:
- Pyra, of course, comes from pyro, fire in ancient greek, and she is able to manipulate flames
- Malos is even more obvious, as he is "malefic".
- Mercy Kill: Jin kills Rex early in the game and says that somehow was merciful. Well, at least we can say it was quick.
- Moment Killer: Rex has just asked Pyra what exactly makes her "the Aegis" when soldiers of Mor Ardain interrupt them with the intention of arresting Nia, since she's a fugitive.
- Ms. Fanservice: Pyra is very, uhm....endowed and her costume exposes her thighs, hips, part of her back and parts of her glutes as well.
- Obviously Evil: Malos wears a dark-blue armor and has a scary humanoid monster as Blade and Jin is a white-haired guy that for some reason wears a mask. Yup, not suspicious at all.
- Playing with Fire:
- Pyra, oh hell yeah. Emphasis on hell. Her power allows her to create and manipulate flames as she wishes, and Rex can also do that as long he wields her blade.
- Brighid manipulates blue-purple flames.
- Reality Ensues: How do the heroes find Nia after she is imprisoned by ardanian military? They ask people around the city, often paying information for it.
- Redheaded Hero: Pyra, a redhead Living Weapon.
- Stripperific: Pyra's miniskirt is ridiculously short.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: The Nopons, of course.
- Sex Slave: There's no way to dance around that: Poppi was constructed to fill a hole filled with sexual fetishes by Tora's family, aside of making a Nopon able to become a Driver. The only reason Tora doesn't actually have sex with her is because it's either impossible or because Tora is waiting for a opportunity to stay alone with her.
- Token Good Teammate: Nia is this to Torna early in the game, until finally Malos gets annoyed enough to not care any more about keeping her on his side. Though she's still kind of a jerk and a snob.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: Malos orders Nia to kill the scavengers that helped their group in retrieving the Aegis to get rid of any witnesses to the existence of the Blade, even if they have little idea of what is exactly.