The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Examples of X Meets Y/Comics include:
- Bone draws its fame for being Pogo meets The Lord of the Rings. And people love it.
- Nob's Dad is The Lionhearts(a human version of them) meets The Loud House meets Atashin'chi
- Despite drawing from a lot of different sources, the main storyline of Cerebus ultimately ended up being Citizen Kane meets King Lear
- The Exiles comic series is best summed up as X-Men meets Sliders.
- The for-all-ages comic Supergirl: Cosmic Adventures in the 8th Grade, is Supergirl meets Invader Zim.
- More like Supergirl meets Sabrina the Animated Series.
- Civil War II is Civil War meets Minority Report
- Danger Girl is Charlie's Angels meets James Bond.
- Watchmen is the Justice League meets Citizen Kane as told by James Joyce.
- Marvel Divas was pitched as "Marvel meets Sex and the City".
- Pantheon: the true story of the Egyptian deities is Egyptian Mythology meets Adult Swim
- Warren Ellis' Ignition City is Firefly meets Ministry of Space written by the writers of Deadwood.
- Scalped is The Sopranos meets Donnie Brasco on a Native American reservation.
- The Walking Dead is Night of the Living Dead meets Lost.
- And Oni Press' Resurrection is The Walking Dead meets Independence Day
- Gold Digger is what happens when Indiana Jones meets a whole slew of anime, manga, video games, 70s, 80s, and 90s American cartoons and hits a blender to puree.
- Nextwave is Warren Ellis meeting superhero comics and challenging them to a duel with custard pies.
- Marvel Zombies is...well...MarvelUniverse + Zombie Apocalypse
- Lost Squad Is The Dirty Dozen, or Band of Brothers meets The X-Files
- The first few years of Ninja High School was Urusei Yatsura meets Archie Comics.
- Scott Pilgrim is like No More Heroes meets Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist.
- Or like a Nintendo version of Roger Rabbit. All that's missing is wildly out of place video game character cameos.
- The Game is River City Ransom and... Stop right there.
- Naw, it's FLCL meets Final Fight: With it's fast pace, mile-a-minute pop culture references, and how Ramona Flowers resembles Haruko in her appearance, fighting skills, and nasty disposition.
- Whistles: The Starlight Calliope, by Andrew Hussie of MS Paint Adventures fame, was described by one reviewer as "Pinocchio meets Candide meets Kubrick doing funny".
- In Brian Michael Bendis's semi-autobiographical Fortune and Glory, Torso co-writer Marc Andreyko realizes the only way Hollywood Studio executives will consider adapting it is if it sounds like what they've seen before. Enter "Silence of the Lambs meets The Untouchables."
- Suicide Squad is The Dirty Dozen meets Mission Impossible with Supervillains.
- Andrekyo's Manhunter is Daredevil meets Huntress meets Law and Order with a generous helping of Silence of the Lambs.
- Joshua Dysart's "Violent Messiahs" was originally pitched as "Batman meets Se7en."
- Jon Sable Freelance is Ian Flemming's James Bond novels combined with The Punisher.
- Being in Arkham Asylum is likened to The Rocky Horror Picture Show meets Silence of the Lambs.
- With Some Todd Browning's freaks thrown in, too.
- Morning Glories is Gossip Girl meets The Prisoner.
- Tom Strong is Superman meets Doc Savage.
- The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen has the late 1800s literature on a Crisis Crossover.
- Gotham Central is Police Procedural meets Batman, while Top Ten mixes it with super-heroes in general, and turns the dial Up to Eleven
- The Boys is Inglourious Basterds Vs. the DC Universe.
- The Furry comic Albedo: Erma Felna EDF is Neon Genesis Evangelion (which it predates), Legend of Galactic Heroes and Appleseed meets The Lion King (which it also predates) and Watership Down.
- Black Cherry: Sin City meets ET the Extraterrestrial meets Reservoir Dogs meets The Exorcist.
- Paul Cornell's Deathwatch in 2000 AD is Judge Dredd meets Blackadder II (possibly meets Guards Guards).
- Demon Knights is DC Universe mees Heroic Fantasy
- Warren Ellis run on Secret Avengers is Planetary meets G.I. Joe
- The Thanos Imperative - Space Opera meets Cosmic Horror Story in Marvel Universe.
- World War Hulk is Planet Hulk meets Kill Bill (albeit more focused on "Destruction/Suffering" than actually "killing")
- Supergirl is Pat Savage meets Mary Marvel.
- Hit Girl: "She was like John Rambo meets Polly Pocket."
- Every single Amalgam Comics character is literally a "X meets Y" character. Example: Super-Soldier is Superman meets Captain America.
- Michael O'Sullivan Sr.: Superman meets Marv.
- Deadpool: Murdock meets The Joker and a million other psychopaths...
- I would say Wolverine meets Spider Jerusalem.
- Grant Morrison's Shilo Norman is Harry Houdini meets Kanye West.
- Marvel Comics' Ares has been called "Thor meets Wolverine" in-story.
- Imagine a character who takes all the coolest aspects of Superman, Zorro, The Shadow and Dracula. Yeah, that would be awesome.
- Utimate Red Skull: A Clockwork Orange's Alex meets The Dark Knight's Joker (with a buttload of daddy issues).
- Skaar, The Son of Hulk is his dad + Conan the Barbarian.
- Adam Strange is John Carter of Mars meets Flash Gordon.
- Lord Drakkon from BOOM! Studios's Mighty Morphin Power Rangers comic series is Wolf Spider meets Lord Mar-Vell meets Regime Superman.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.