|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- "What do they call you, 'Wheels'?"
- Cyclops gets a lot of funny lines in the series. Film!Cyke is a real Deadpan Snarker. For example:
Xavier: ...There's more powerful mutants then him. What is Magneto after?
Cyke: Maybe it's his way with people (referring to Logan's uncalled-for insults directed at him).
Xavier: You don't like like him?
Cyke: (Smiling) How could you tell?
Xavier: Well, I am psychic.
- This little convo.
Wolverine: You gonna tell me to stay away from your girl?
Cyclops: Well if I had to do that, then she wouldn't be my girl.
Wolverine: Then I guess you got nothing to worry about, do you... Cyclops?
Cyclops: Just be lucky that a boy like me saved your life. You better be careful, might not be there next time. Oh, and Logan... stay away from my girl.
- And, not just his lines, but also the first time Logan and Cyclops interact it completely demonstrates how they're going to get along. When first introduced, Cyclops offers a friendly handshake which Logan leaves hanging. When Logan shows no interest in Xavier's talk, he begins to leave, but realizes Cyclops is in his way. Instead of asking or walking past him, he grabs him by the colar and tries to threaten him. Without flinching, Cyclops just looks down at Logan's grip, before then looking towards Xavier as if asking for permission to hurt him. It cracks this troper up as its one of Cyclops' few scenes.
- Wolverine's skeleton sets off the metal detector and Cyclops is clearly exasperated. Wolverine busts out only one claw to give him the middle finger. Cyclops can't help but laugh.
- After Wolverine's fight with Mystique:
Cyclops raises his hand to his visor.
Wolverine: Hey, it's me.
Cyclops: Prove it.
Wolverine: You're a dick.
Cyclops: [[[Beat]]] Okay.
- Magneto has all the X-Men restrained with metal in the head of the Statue of Liberty.
Cyclops: Storm? Fry him.
Magneto: Ah, yes. A bolt of lighting into a huge copper conductor. I thought you lived at a school.
- Wolverine insisting he doesn't need lessons in auto-safety from Rogue, right before he wrecks his camper and goes flying through the windscreen and lands twenty feet away.