The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
World of Tiers is a series of novels by Philip Jose Farmer.
Tropes used in World of Tiers include:
- Ancient Artifact: The Horn of Shambarimen.
- Author Avatar: Paul Janus Finnegan (note the initials).
- Cool Gate: Inter-dimensional machines/gates.
- Dimensional Traveler: Paul Janus Finnegan (AKA Kikaha the Trickster) and Robert Wolff spend much of the novels traveling through artificially created universes.
- Interdimensional Travel Device: People can travel between the artificial universes of the setting by using gates. Gates can be activated by various means, including tokens and playing music on a special horn.
- Portal Cut: One of the many interdimensional teleport gates is a trap that dismembers by severing the connection and the intruder.
- Portal Network
- Red Pill, Blue Pill: An aging man with a failed life and a shrewish wife is in the basement of a tract house he is buying when a door between the worlds opens up. He can stay with his living-death retirement or leap into the utter unknown. Soul-killing safety vs death-or-glory.
- Significant Monogram: Paul Janus Finnegan.
- Villainous Incest: Incest is perfectly acceptable among the Lords and Ladies of the pocket.
- World Shapes: The World of Tiers takes the form of a world-sized tower of Babel, just that the continent-sized layers (tiers) are way wider than they are tall. And the top layer has the Lord's palace on it.
- Year Inside, Hour Outside: Time in the pocket universes moves quite differently indeed.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.