|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Practically every single known female character, excluding the occasional Token Mini-Moe Pettanko, is unquestionably big-breasted. Whether they be skinny, average, muscular or chubby, female characters have larger-than-average breasts. This is especially evident when there is a wide-range of body types, and the only common feature is a large bust.
This is not about a lot of large-breasted women. This is where over 90% of the female cast shown has large knockers, making it seem like this body type is the norm rather than a slightly uncommon occurrence (as in Real Life).
Usually occurs as a result of Author Appeal.
Anime and Manga
- Godannar is a glaring example. Most of the non-pilot cast are clearly Japanese citizens, and yet not one of the girls go below "large" in terms of size, except Pettanko Lou Roux. Even when she appears on the Distant Finale she's still flat (or at least average sized in real life), despite being 20 at the time.
- Airmaster: Every female character is busty besides Renge, who is tiny everywhere.
- Pretty much every woman in Queen's Blade.
- Any girl over the age of 13 in Psychic Academy is going to be a C cup at the very smallest.
- Divergence Eve: Despite being very dramatic and nearly devoid of comedy or mention of them, the entire female cast (with the exception of the flat-chested android) have very large breasts that Gainax Bounce with every turn.
- Slayers, to such an extent that Lina - who isn't even all that small - is considered "flat-chested."
- Nearly everyone in Fairy Tail
- Highschool of the Dead: Every girl over puberty.
- Almost everyone in Freezing
- Out of all the girls that hit the puberty in Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple, there's only two that can be considered flat chested.
- Pretty much every major female character save for one in Dragonaut: The Resonance.
- Manyu Hikencho, as a world where breast size literally equals power, has a lot of busty females as both friends and adversaries.
- One Piece didn't really start out this way. But as things have progressed the chests of the two female crew members, Nami and Robin, have gotten more emphasis and female characters tend to be a bit bigger in the chests than they used to be. On the other hand, there's also many female characters whose whole bodies are large enough to make their large breasts seem normal.
- Umineko no Naku Koro ni gives the most of the female cast a cup size of F cups it seems.
- Pretty much everyone in UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie falls under this, with only a few exceptions.
- Sekirei, to the point where FUNimation used it as the main focus of their marketing for the series.
- Soul Eater, where pretty much every important female, save for the heroine Maka, has at least a D-cup or beyond.
- Lupin III does Zig Zag with this as in some features Fujiko the resident Ms. Fanservice is the only buxom lady in the story (or in certain cases the only female character in the story) and in other Lupin the 3rd features play this trope straight.
See Most Common Superpower for superhero comics examples.
- The C.H.I.X. one-shot from Image Comics, which was a spoof of the Stripperific Dork Age of comics.
- Elf Quest, at least where the titular elves are concerned. Dewshine is pretty much the only exception. The humans, at least, are more modestly built. This also applies to the trolls, but in a Fan Disservice way.
- In The Metabarons, the planet of Ulkmar-Eight-Moon is a literal example. The females of the local proto-anthropoid species all have huge breasts.
Live Action TV
- Baywatch became infamous for this in US Television back in the 90s.
- In the Devil Survivor universe, C cup and above are so normal anyone below that is either a child or a very rare exception to the rule, at least if you're human. Demons have only slightly more leeway, but the same rule still applies if they are capable of having humanoid cleavage.
- All human females in Dragon Age II are big-breasted.
- Jazz Jackrabbit falls under this considering every main female to include Princess Eva and Lori Jackrabbit is defined by having a rather ample bust.
- Banjo-Kazooie has this to a certain degree, but its sequel Banjo-Tooie takes this Up to Eleven.
- Donkey Kong 64 has this in spades, with Dixie Kong being the only exception since she's a young girl.
- The Killer Instinct games in their entirety qualify for this.
- Mortal Kombat: While this hasn't been true throughout the series, it is certainly true as of Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance, and continues to be the case for the three games after.
- Resident Evil is definitely heading down this direction with some of its later games, with more and more buxom female characters in the game.
- Soul Calibur has almost all buxom female characters on the cast. Ivy Valentine and Taki are especially well-known for their generous busts.
- Ever Quest all features women who have, according to the female model designer who created them, "Heroic builds". What this means is that every mammalian race has the racial size equivalent of D-cups. The only exceptions are the races who don't have breasts in the first place.
- Dead or Alive: To the point that a series of beach volleyball games were make purely to focus on these assets.
- Age of Conan is a particularly notorious example; where it's impossible to create female characters with anything smaller than a D cup. A cosmetic cash-shop item is available that temporarily enlarges breasts to Gag Boobs proportions.
- In Brutal Legend some girls wear Stripperiffic outfits, some are Token Wholesome, but one thing they all have in common are their impressive cup sizes
- "Star Wars: The Old Republic" uses the same model for all the NPC's in the game the borders on an E cup size.
- Even the female PCs only have four models, tall or short, and average build or buxom.
- Planescape: Torment has almost every female character wear little more than a bra. Fall-From-Grace, a chaste succubus, is one of the very few characters not to have extremely large, mostly uncovered breasts.
- Xenoblade is a subtle example. There's no attention drawn it, but pretty much every female character is noticeably well-endowed.
- Girl Genius. Every single woman--including the robots--has a huge chest. There is a grand total of one exception (other than children, of course), in Doctor Sun's grand-daughter. And even she would be considered decent size in any other work.
- Las Lindas pretty much runs off of this trope.
- A key feature of Exiern; of course, this could be related to the author selling R-rated versions of the comic.
- This is the case with female drow in Drowtales. It's easier to list the females who aren't buxom, Quain'tana chief among them, which may in fact be Fridge Brilliance since it emphasizes her infertility, which is a major crux of the plot.
- Heartcore is a Justified example. Most of the cast are succubi after all.
- El Goonish Shive eventually lampshaded it.
- Ironically, though, it's actually an aversion. (Well, maybe not if you count the men.)
- Heavy Metal features all buxom women.
- The South Park episode homage even had boobs in the buildings & weapons!