|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
"Wooden Rose" is a Victorian fairy tale about love, loss and betrayal, enchanted forests and ancient mythical beings. It updates every Monday.
Sisters Lillian and Nessa reside alone and care for their father, who has been ill for a year now. Nessa takes a fall out in the snow and is aided by a strange gentleman. Mr. Thorne’s charm quickly draws her to him and she finds herself in the romance she has always dreamed of. What she does not know is that the handsome stranger hides a dark secret, one that puts her and those around her at great risk.
Each page of Wooden Rose is in full color. The style is scattered with hints of anime and art nouveau. It was begun in January, 2009.
- After-Action Patchup: Lillian for the doctor
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Nessa is no help at all.
- Cannot Spit It Out: Lillian
- Chiaroscuro: A dream forest.
- Children Are Innocent. Even, perhaps, ones that look like the roots of trees.
- Damsel in Distress
- Dream Land: Though that doesn't mean it's not real.
- Due to the Dead: A funeral complete with mourning daughters.
- Empathic Environment
- Cute Kitten
- Evil Detecting Cat
- First-Name Basis
- Flower Motifs
- Foot Focus
- Functional Magic
- Grave Clouds: At their father's funeral.
- Green Eyes
- I Gave My Word
- Incurable Cough of Death
- I Live Alone: Mr. Thorne.
- The Lost Woods
- Missing Mom
- Monochrome Past: In a Flash Back
- Music Magic
- Nursery Rhyme: In a lullaby sung by their mother, and then by Lillian.
- Obvious Pregnancy: Nessa's, justified by the speed at which the pregnancy progresses.
- Odd-Shaped Panel
- Power Glows
- Promotion to Parent: Lillian
- Really Seven Hundred Years Old
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
- Shapeshifting Lover
- Something About a Rose
- The Stoic
- Talking in Your Dreams: All part of the seduction.
- Think Nothing of It