|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Wonderland is a 2003 crime film based on the real life Wonderland Murders that happened in 1981. It stars Val Kilmer as the famous porn star John Holmes, and Kate Bosworth as his underage girlfriend. John Holmes is suspected as playing a part in the four murders, and he and David Lind provide different perspectives on what happened during the robbery of Eddie Nash.
This film provides examples of:
- A Simple Plan: Robbing Eddie Nash was far more dangerous then the Wonderland gang could have imagined.
- Bath of Angst: Two; Dawn after pimping herself out to Eddie Nash and Holmes after the Wonderland murders.
- Berserk Button: John Holmes pushes Ronny's berserk button a couple of times.
- Biggus Dickus: John Holmes, of course.
- I Just Shot Marvin in the Face: During the robbery David Lind accidentally shoots one of Nash's guards, it doesn't kill or heavily injure him though.
- Manipulative Bastard: Holmes is sometimes this to his girlfriend and ex-wife. But it doesn't work so much with the latter.
- Mushroom Samba
- Needs More Love
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Eddie get's revenge by getting his henchman and Holmes to break into the Wonderland gang's apartment and beating Ron, Deverell, Richardson and Miller to death with steel pipes. It's a very violent and intense scene.
- Rashomon Style
- Rare Guns: Ronny has a pair antique revolvers that he's trying to sell, but he never actually uses them himself.
- Sanity Slippage: We see John Holmes just after the Wonderland murders and with blood all over his clothes and face, and he is very shaken and unstable.
- Scary Black Man: Some of Eddie Nash's bodyguards.
- The Cameo: Paris Hilton is on Eddie's boat, but it's brief. Don't let that turn you off from seeing the movie though.
- True Crime
- "Where Are They Now?"Epilogue