|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
The next movie in the DC Extended Universe after Birds of Prey, the sequel to Wonder Woman, and the fifth movie for a member of the "core six" Justice League members, after Man of Steel, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Wonder Woman and Aquaman.
As the title indicates, it's the year 1984. After Diana gets more accostumed to the world of mortals, she has new challenges to face: the sinister businessman Maxwell Lord and the ferocious Cheetah. In addition, she has to deal with something she wasn't prepared for: a very much alive Steve Trevor.
- Adaptational Villainy: Maxwell Lord was only evil in Infinite Crisis. The rest of the time, he has been a hero.
- Back From the Dead: Steve Trevor.
- Cat People: Cheetah..
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Maxwell Lord.
- Lighter and Softer: Than Birds of Prey, the movie right before this one. Overall, this movie continues the trend of more lighthearted DCEU movies set by Aquaman and Shazam
- Rogues Gallery Transplant: Maxwell Lord is mostly associated with Justice League International, and Wonder Woman wasn't a member of that team.
- Saved by Canon: Wonder Woman is alive and well in the present day, so she can't die in this movie. Not that killing her would be easy.
- Whole-Episode Flashback: This movie takes place in 1984, after the events of Wonder Woman, but before the events of the rest of the movies.