|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Wolfmother is an Australian Hard Rock group. The band formed in 2000 with Andrew Stockdale (vocals and guitar), Chris Ross (bass and keyboard), and Myles Heskett (drums) and released their debut album in Australia in 2005. Founding members Ross and Heskett left the band in 2008, and Stockdale was joined by Ian Peres (bass and keyboard), Aidan Nemeth (rhythm guitar), and Dave Atkins (drums) after a brief hiatus for the release of their second album. Atkins left in 2010 and was replaced by Will Rockwell-Scott. The band has released two LPs
- Wolfmother (2005)
- Cosmic Egg (2009)
Their single "Woman" won the 2007 Grammy for Best Hard Rock Performance.
Wolfmother provides examples of:
- Careful with That Axe: "Dimension", the first track of their eponymous album
- It's the first thing on the album. Jump Scare at its finest.
- Cosmic Egg: The name and cover of their second album.
- Funny Afro: Andrew Stockdale
- Retraux: Wolfmother has often been compared to classic rock bands such as Led Zeppelin and Jimi Hendrix.
- Revolving Door Band: Only one of the founding members remain, and the band's on their third drummer.
- Rock Trio: Up until 2009.
- Self-Titled Album
- Shout-Out: "Joker and the Thief" to "All Along the Watchtower", albeit In Name Only.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: Chris Ross, who played bass and keyboard, was replaced with Ian Peres, who plays bass and keyboard.