|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
"A number of people with similar base arrangement to wolves' has been discovered in the process of antidoting DNA of mankind of near future."—Opening line to the Wolfteam Story
Thus begins your foray into Wolf Team, a Free To Play Online First-Person Shooter. The big distinction is you can transform into a Werewolf during battle, slaughtering the enemy team with either gun, grenade, or your bare hands (paws?) in Wolf mode.
Needs a much better writeup!
Tropes this game has:
- AKA-47: Well, AKEI-47 to be exact. Just about all the guns have an extra letter or a couple letters changed. It's blatantly obvious what they are supposed to be, though.
- Announcer Chatter: See below.
- Awesomeness Meter: "Head Shot!" - Pistol, "Snake Attack", "Elite Wolf", "Rival Kill", "The King is Captured", "I AM the King".
- BFG: The rocket launcher that has a 3 rocket magazine, and any of the tripod mounted machine guns.
- Blind Idiot Translation: Even on the title screen. Enjoy the SRS Circle Surround 5.1! It's Zero Wing Bad!
- Bribing Your Way to Victory: More overpowered Wolf mutations, Power-Up items, and super guns that otherwise can't be got in-game.
- Color Coded for Your Convenience: Red Team vs. Blue Team even the Wolves are colored Red or Blue!
- Crate Expectations: At least they don't explode.
- Hyperspace Arsenal: Big guns make you move slow. But change to your pistol or knife and all that encumbrance disappears. Even works on the massive machine gun noted below.
- Insurmountable Waist-Height Fence: Didn't know 2 foot high concrete barriers could stop you from jumping over them, especially when that you are a Ghost Wolf with the jumping power of Mario.
- Kill It with Fire: One of the heavy weapons is a flamethrower. It's mostly only useful in human vs. wolf gametypes. Same as most of the shotguns, really.
- Ladder Physics
- Mercy Invincibility: Gives you a fighting chance when you spawn in the middle of a Spawn Camping.
- More Dakka: The monster tripod mounted machine gun you can lug around, useful for wailing on mutated wolves. Oh yeah, don't forget to "Install" it so you can shoot.
- Our Werewolves Are Different: There are many versions of Wolf.
- Basic wolf has an extra 99 HP "Shield" (on top of the 200 HP you normally have), rechargeable by Roaring. He can run faster than a man, jump 8 feet in the air, run along the walls, and strike from the air.
- In EX-Conquest, Wolf Conquest, Wolf War, and Destruction S2 modes, you get more "Wolf mutations" to choose from.
- Power Wolf has a stronger attack range and 260 HP.
- Ghost Wolf cloaks if you sit still and can run very fast. Ghost-2 is stronger and can stay mostly cloaked while running. Both have less HP than Basic.
- Guardian Wolf is the slowest, only as fast as a man, but has a MASSIVE 850 HP and can block with his arms, greatly reducing the damage taken.
- Beserker Wolf has a pair of blades attached to his arm and can strike from several feet away. His HP is like the Power Wolf, and he also has a suicide attack that shoots several beams 3 times, killing anyone it hits.
- Psycho Wolf can pull enemies to him or peg them with a ranged attack.
- Smart Wolf can attack with lightning speed, and his massive shield is recharged by hitting bodies, living or dead.
- Ice Wolf... well, shoots Ice. It greatly slows down those that get hit by it.
- Standard FPS Guns
- Throw-Away Guns: Press a button to throw away your Main gun. Useful for picking up the enemy's gun or showing how Badass you are with the DE-50 or the EM-500. Try throwing away your awesome assault rifle before the start of a round, and watch the subsequent pile of weapons build up as everyone prepares to pick it up at the start.
- Universal Ammunition: Raid a dead enemy's backpack and get ammo for your Main gun, Sub gun, and maybe a grenade. Matters not what ammo your guns use. You can get rockets from a guy who was carrying a submachine gun.
- Transformation Sequence: A puff of smoke and you are now a Wolf!