The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Not to be confused with Wakfu.
Examples of Wok Fu include:
Anime & Manga
- Yu-Gi-Oh! has Yugi face off against Chinese Girl Vivian Wong inside a Chinese restaurant. His friends get distracted from their usual Power of Friendship cheerleading routine by all the food.
Film -- Animated
- At the end of Kung Fu Panda, Tai Lung throws Po into an empty restaurant during the final battle, and as a result the panda throws several woks at the snow leopard, puts the Dragon Scroll under one of them and swaps them around so that Tai Lung will get the wrong one.
Film -- Live Action
- Rush Hour had a fight followed by a chase through a Chinese restaurant.
- There is a cross between a gunfight and a fistfight in a chinese restaurant in From Paris with Love.
- Warriors of Virtue, in which a Chinese chef is constantly doing Wok Fu when he's cooking (doing spins, kicking faucets). Actually does some good when another chef trips; Wok Fu Chef manages to catch the guy using his leg, brings him up, and then proceeds to catch all the falling food.
- A massive one happens in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.
- On the old Seattle variety show Almost Live, one of the "Mind Your Manners with Billy Quan" kung fu parody shorts took place in a Chinese restaurant.
- The opening battle of the Feng Shui adventure "Baptism of Fire" takes place in a restaurant in Yaumatei. Depending on the makeup of your party this could be a kung fu battle, a shootout, or a more general brawl.
- An episode of American Dragon Jake Long had Jake and Haley in dragon form fighting against a trio of demons released on Chinese New Year. One of the places they fought the demons was in a Chinese restaurant, albeit for only a few seconds.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.