The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Both the stars have subsequently played the title character of Doctor Who: Paul McGann, the Eighth Doctor, and Richard E. Grant, the Ninth Doctor from the animated episode "Scream of the Shalka". Richard Griffiths had been considered for both the Seventh and Eighth Doctor roles.
- It's also worth mentioning that Richard E. Grant also played the Doctor in the classic non-canon special Curse of the Fatal Death. He becomes the Doctor upon the death of Rowan Atkinson, and regenerates into Jim Broadbent.
- A very famous Drinking Game is for the audience to replicate the drinks shot-for-shot. This means nine and a half glasses of red wine, half a pint of cider, one shot of lighter fluid (contestants are generally allowed to substitute another clear spirit), two and a half shots of gin, six glasses of sherry, thirteen glasses of whisky and half a pint of ale. And a hangover the size of Norway.
- Actually you would probably die from alcohol poisoning before you could finish.
- Paul McGann's character is not named in the film, although the script gives his surname as "Marwood". There is Lady Mondegreen Fanon that his first name is "Peter", as many fans have independently and distinctly misheard, "He's just had an audition for rep," as "Peter's just had an audition for rep."
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Marwood is the Doctor! So is Withnail, although not officially.
- Memetic Mutation: The film is a virus that attacks the receptive mind, usually male and/or in higher education, leading to groups of people in pubs quoting the script at each other.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.