|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
While most often seen in fighter games, this character will occasionally appear in RPGs. This is the one with the usually shaggy, muscle-bound and under-dressed appearance who's from the past/from a jungle/victim of a military experiment. The Wild Man will often use primitive means of attacks, such as big blades or clubs (gee, who would've thunk it?) and some times slightly more advanced weapons which you're not really sure how they manage to be good with (bombs, usually).
When this character shows up in RPGs, it will often overlap with The Big Guy trope, but as far as fighters go, this character will usually be the odd looking guy with increased strength/agility and animal-based or generally very melee-based attacks.
As this trope is rather redundant to Nature Hero, one is looking to merge this into it.
- The classic fighting game version is Blanka from Street Fighter II, almost more animal than man.
- Tam Tam from Samurai Shodown; note that he comes complete with Cute Monster Girl kid sister Cham Cham, who's playable in the second game. As well as being one of the few Catgirls who actually has some feline behaviour.
- Ayla of Chrono Trigger is a Wild Woman from the prehistoric past. Leah from Chrono Cross is much the same, and has a few of Ayla's special attacks too.
- Tends to show up in Professional Wrestling, too. Typically this one's big, bulky, and not the most technical guy out there.
- Gau in Final Fantasy VI
- King Rasta Mon in Super Saturday Slam Masters.
- The eponymous hero of Tomba!