The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Who Can Kill a Child provides examples of:
- Anvilicious: It's all but stated outright that the children are getting revenge for decades of atrocities against them, and the documentary footage from the beginning seems to support this charge (if not the kids' actions).
- Babies Make Everything Better: Subverted.
- Better Than It Sounds: It actually avoids exploiting the subject matter and instead gives it the thoughtfulness it deserves; it's also very scary.
- Corruption by a Minor: Of other minors, via hypnotism/telepathy.
- Creepy Child: Obvious; especially the ringleader.
- Deliberately Cute Child: The children play this card a lot to manipulate adults into letting their guard down.
- Enfant Terrible: Many of the children.
- Fetus Terrible
- Infant Immortality: The entire movie is an exploration of this trope, including a memorable subversion.
- It Gets Easier: For Tom.
- Moral Event Horizon:
- Nothing Is Scarier: Some of the tensest parts of the film come in the beginning, before any kids show up.
- Sins of Our Fathers: Inverted.
- Space Whale Aesop: Treat children better OR THEY'LL KILL YOU ALL!
- Title Drop: One of the survivors uses it when explaining why no one fought back against the kids.
- Wouldn't Hurt a Child: Played with.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.