|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Where's My Water? is an iOS and Android puzzle video game developed by Creature Feep and published by Disney. It features the player helping to deliver water to an alligator's home.
Swampy is a sewer alligator who hates being dirty. However, every time he tries to take a bath, Cranky the alligator and his goons sabotage the pipe system and disrupt the flow of water. Your job is to get water into Swampy's house... which is not as easy as you think.
Players use the touch screen to dig dirt and control the flow of water and other liquids. Levels include things like pipes and switches that modify the flow of liquids, converters that convert the types of liquids, and others. There are also hazards in the form of water-absorbing algae, deadly poison, disgusting ooze, and exploding bombs. Along the way, there are three rubber duckies that you can collect by letting water touch them, these are required for Hundred-Percent Completion.
Where's My Water provides examples of:
- Advancing Wall of Doom: Some levels Invoke this. Examples are "What Goes Up...", where you must let the water flow quickly to the house before the ooze catches up with it.
- "What Goes Up..." is then Averted in the Cranky level "...Must Come Down".
- Absurdly Spacious Sewer: Where the game takes place in.
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Played straight in the intro scenes for earlier levels, where Ally the female alligator hangs out with bad boy Cranky. Subverted in the intro scenes for later levels where she seems to hang around with the nice guy Swampy. Maybe the ribbon that Swampy found had to do with it.
- Bonus Level: Collecting three specific collectibles allows you to unlock a bonus level. Completing three "Cranky's Challenges" also unlocks a bonus level.
- Corridor Cubbyhole Run: Other levels have you avoid periodic poison & ooze streams.
- Cosmetic Award: The various achievements that you can get.
- Extreme Omnivore: Cranky eats all sorts of stuff, including junk and garbage. He HATES vegetables, though, such as the algae-like stuff growing on his food.
- Face Palm: Cranky may do this if you fail a level by running out of poison.
- Gotta Catch Em All: The rubber ducks, and the collectible items.
- Invoked; the name of one of the levels is called "Catch 'em All".
- Gusty Glade: The levels in "Caution To The Wind" mostly involve fans and vacuums that blow and suck liquids respectively.
- Jerkass: Cranky.
- A little less so in the later Swampy stories and Cranky's story. He's starting to hang out with Swampy some more.
- Never Smile At a Crocodile: Subverted by Swampy, played straight by Cranky.
- No Campaign for the Wicked: Averted. There's a mode (Cranky's Story) where you get to help out Cranky the alligator, and it involves getting poison to his house so that it will kill the algae growing on his food.
- Pipe Maze: Many of the levels involve this.
- Poison Is Evil
- Reptiles Are Abhorrent: Averted with Swampy, played straight with Cranky.
- Somewhere a Herpetologist Is Crying: The snouts of the game's alligators are distinctly crocodylid.
- Stealth Pun: If you fail a level, then Swampy cries.
- Stuff Blowing Up: The bombs scattered around some levels blow up if any liquid or explosion touches them. Mixing ooze and poison together causes an explosion.
- Taken for Granite: The green ooze turns algae into solid rock if they touch each other. For some reason or other. This is important to know in many levels.
- Used to comedic effect if it gets into Cranky's house- it turns his algae-infested food into a rock!
- Universal Poison: The purple stuff that kills algae, regular rubber ducks and hurts Swampy if it gets into his house. If poison touches a body of water, it converts that water into more poison!