|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Wheel Squad is a really obscure cartoon series focused on a group of youngsters who race on wheels. Mostly roller skates, albeit one of them isn't quite good on them. Their regular enemies are a bunch of juvenile delinquents and a white-collar criminal.
Wheel Squad contains examples of the following tropes:
- Caught on Tape: Akim and Johnny. It was a doctored tape.
- Cool Old Lady: Mrs. Rosaly
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Enzo
- Crying Wolf: The Wheel Squad made up a story about dinosaurs to stop the making of a tunnel because the works were threatening to destroy the neighborhood but were caught. Later on, they found out the remains of an Ancient Roman bath house and Enzo, who was behind the idea of making the tunnel, told them nobody would believe them. Fortunately, he was wrong.
- Disappeared Dad: Jessica's father, who appeared in only one episode. He's working in England, which explains his absence.
- Emilie's birth father, whose absence has never been explained. Fortunately, Mr. Rotter is happy to fill in.
- Five-Token Band
- Jessica: Female caucasian
- Akim: Arabic
- Bob: African
- Johnny: Male Caucasian
- Go Nagai Sideburns: Akim
- Grumpy Old Man: Mr. Grunt
- Happily Adopted: Emilie by her stepfather.
- Heel Face Turn: Ruined with the Snakes when somebody accused them of a crime they didn't commit, prompting them to restore the status quo.
- Long Hair Is Feminine: Inverted with Jessica and Emilie.
- Nice Hat: Akim's red cap.
- Oblivious to Love: Akim to Jessica's feelings.
- One of the Boys: Jessica. And she wasn't aware of how boyish she was until she entered a figure skating contest and her adversaries said she had no chances because she wasn't feminine. When her friends wouldn't tell her she was feminine, she asked for the opinion of her mother, who delivered the killing blow by ranting that she can't be expected to be considered feminine given how she usally acts and dresses like a boy.
- Opposing Sports Team: The Snakes. The Wheel Squad and the Snakes entered a rollerball tournament.
- Redheaded Hero: Jessica.
- Spoiled Sweet: Emilie.
- Those Two Bad Guys: Hool and Igan
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Jessica and Emilie
- Visit by Divorced Dad: Jessica's father once visited her. His absence is explained by the fact he works in England.
- When I Was Your Age: Jessica's mother berated her for her grades by claiming to have gotten better ones. Jessica then got her mother's old report cards to verify the claim.
- Wicked Stepmother: Subverted, despite the series having a "Cinderella" parody.