|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
What's Up Fox? (여우야 뭐하니, also known as Foxy Lady) is a 16-episode South Korean television drama broadcast by MBC in 2006.
Ko Byung Hee is 33 years old, working as a reporter in a third-rate magazine company. She frequently finds it hard to cope with the blandness of her life. What she dreams of is working for a company that she can be proud of and finding a man who can provide warm support when she needs it. In addition, she wants to travel in a camping car (translated RV) with her new love.
A night of binge drinking has her ending up with her best friend's 24-year old brother, Chul Soo. He works as a car mechanic but has adult-sized dreams for the future. Beset on all sides by approbation, they tiptoe around a possible relationship, at least until they realize that true love is just around the corner.
The series looks at the unique romantic relationship of "dating a friend's brother" and "dating my sister's friend" as well as the age gap between lovers.
"Foxy Lady" is written by Kim Do-woo who also penned the wildly popular My Lovely Sam Soon. Producer Kwon Suk-jang, who has created such fun-loving dramas for women such as "Lady Next Door" and "Marry Me" is in charge of the production.
This series contains examples of:
- Caught in the Rain: Leading to Chul Soo's confession of when he fell in love with Byung Hee.
- Conscription: Chul Soo received his mandatory notice in Episode 15.
- Everything's Better With Scooters: Most of the romance happens there.
- Hospital Gurney Scene: During Chul Soo's Imagine Spot, Byung Hee has quntuplets.
- Intertwined Fingers: During a dinner date prior to Chul Soo leaving for the army.
- Likes Older Women: Chul Soo, who's liked Byung Hee practically since puberty.
- Love Triangle: Dr Bae --> Byung Hee <-- Chul Soo
- MacGuffin: Chul Soo leaves a stuffed fox with a message sewn in its ear for Byung Hee prior to his trip. She discovers it several years later.
- May-December Romance: She's 33; he's 24.
- MD Envy: Everybody prefers that Byung Hee chose Dr Bae for her future husband.
- My Brother Is Off Limits: Seung Hye feels very strongly about this.
- Shout-Out: In a scene where Byung Hee is locked in her room, Chul Soo talks to her through her window. The theme in the background is Tchaikovsky's "Romeo and Juliet".