The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Gunnerkrigg Court could also be called "Wham Webcomic":
- Chapter 6 -- "A Handful of Dirt": Antimony's Emotionless Girl facade cracks, and she reveals that her father has disappeared. Mood Whiplash, indeed.
- Chapter 7 -- "Of New and Old": Several teachers reveal that they knew Annie's parents. Annie reveals to them that she has Reynardine, then refuses to return him to their custody. Robot 13 returns, then attacks Rey and Annie. The chapter ends with Annie falling off a bridge, to her apparent death. (What was particularly cruel was that the first volume of the original print edition ended at this chapter.)
- Chapter 8 -- "Broken Glass and Other Things": Annie discovers the riverbank is home to Regional Fairies on the Forest side and a malevolent, sword-wielding ghost on the Court side. And that the strange birds she's seen about the Court are actually robots. Annie herself turns out to be on a first-name basis with a Native American death god. She and Kat discover that the Court is far larger than they previously thought.
- Chapter 12 -- "Mainly Involves Robots": Annie finds an entire society of Robots within the Court. Reynardine shows off his Big Badass Wolf form for the first time; more surprisingly, he's actually helpful for once. He informs Annie that relations between the Court and the Wood are uneasy, to put it mildly, and Annie's actions back in Chapter One may have sparked a diplomatic crisis. And he accidentally lets it slip that he has a cousin.
- Chapter 14 -- "The Fangs of Summertime": It's the end of the school year. Kat's parents invite Annie to come with them on their vacation, but she refuses. Then, the people of Gilittie Wood requests a visit to the Court. Just about everything else is a spoiler.
- Chapter 21 -- "Blinking": Annie had to lead her own mother to the afterlife. Jesus, that explains a lot...
- Chapter 25 -- "Sky Watcher and the Angel": Diego left Jeanne to die in the Annan Waters. Not the most hilarious home movie we've ever seen.
- Chapter 30 -- "The Coward Heart": Annie tries to communicate with Jeanne's ghost, and we learn... more of the circumstances surrounding her death.
- Chapter 31 -- "Fire Spike": Everything starts with a heated discussion between Annie and Reynardine, where we learn more of the backstory of the comic, such as details about Surma and Reynard's relationship, Annie and Surma's past, and then It Gets Worse...
- Chapter 36 -- the last page of the chapter has Annie's father contact her for the first time in nearly 2 years.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.