The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Okay... the style the game uses is really based in the Hong Kong action films of the 80s and early 90s or so -- the sort of gunplay acrobatics and slow-motion we see were, as far as I know, really pioneered there... but its Painting the Fourth Wall evokes a much older theater experience... maybe about the 70s or 60s. Am I missing something? Is it just a case of the developers being hit with Newer Than They Think? Or am I getting an Older Than They Think issue? Or something else entirely?
- I think the point was to have an action movie motif. They probably figured that the best way to get that across was to use the older movie theater experience. Your Mileage May Vary, of course.
- It's just a bit of Follow the Leader: This game was probably being developed when everyone was talking about Stranglehold and Grindhouse, and this game seems to take a bit from Column A and Column B.
- Tarantula has submachine guns. How come she never shoots them? She only really uses the bayonets.
- My guess is because she's blind she's afraid she'll hit Pelham or something.
- But wouldn't she be afraid of cutting Pelham, then?
- You can't really hit targets far away when you're blind, now can you? And when they're close enough... why waste bullets?
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.