|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Wereworld is a NSFW furry fantasy webcomic with science-fiction influences, created by Rann. It has been running on-again, off-again since 2002.
The story goes as such:
Steve Emerson is abducted from earth by an alien empire known only as "Enigma". They turn him into a cyborg super-soldier and force him to fight for over sixty years. One day, Enigmas supercomputer M.O.D.O.C becomes sentient, and rather than purging the universe of all biologic life, decides that it wants to get out and travel. It chooses the rebellious Steve to act as it's "carrier" and takes up residence in Steve's skull. In return, Steve gets revenge on Enigmas ruling council, and all records of Earth purged.
By now, Steve's body has begun to reject the cybernetic implants, and despite the best drugs available, nothing can be done. Steve and Modoc steal an experimental ship and sets out looking for a cure, which brings them to Sidra, planet of the lycanthropes, one of the few planets were magic can be found, the eponymous Wereworld.
This page is under construction while this troper re-reads the comic, and adds tropes where he can find them. Wiki Magic is appreciated!
Wereworld contains examples of:
- Aerith and Bob: Anika may not qualify, but Fenella definitely does.
- Author Appeal: Used in the beginning as a disclaimer, and as filler.
- Author Avatar: Rann often appears in filler art, short, with boots as large as his slouch hat.
- Badass Boast:
Steve:"Her and I will walk out of here after I kill that son of a bitch next to you and beat the shit out of the rest of you."
- Body Horror: Silver is lethal to all werecreatures, and the results are not pretty. Fortunately, it is only found in trace amounts on Sidra.
- Damsel in Distress: Steve remarks how Anika can go from blood-curdling roar to damsel-in-distress "eek!" in a flash.
- Deadpan Snarker: Modoc, most of the time.
- Dream Sequence: Steve, looking back on his days as a soldier-slave.
- Fan Service: Characters often appear in the nude, since clothes don't shift with them. Also used as filler art.
- Fish Out of Temporal Water: Steve,since he's spent the last ten years fighting for Sufficiently Advanced Aliens, and Sidra is a planet that's barely medieval.
- Fun with Acronyms: M.O.D.O.C = "Master Offensive and Defensive Omni Computer".
- Hyperspace Arsenal: Steve's cybernetic arms contains mini-missiles, spare parts for mini-missiles, stretching tendrils, storage for nanobots, medicines, poisons, and a lot more...
- Our Werebeasts Are Different: Werecreatures can transform between full animal, half-animal-half-human, and full human. However, they usually retain some of their animal characteristics, for example, Weregazelles still have small stubby horns in their "full human" form. Also, they can't interbreed, and their natural weapons (claws, horns etc) are lethal to other werecreatures.
- Planet Eris: Sidra, filled with multiple races of cohabitating transforming werecreatures, golems, and magic.
- Sufficiently Advanced Aliens: The Enigma, what with their sentient supercomputers contained in a box the size of your eyeball, nanobots, Hyperspace Arsenal cybernetic arms and so on...
- Variable-Length Chain: Steve's tendrils are "only" 20 feet long, but can attach to themselves for greater ranges.