|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
A sci-fi/comedy short by Odd Bard Out, a.k.a. Mike Cutler, a.k.a. Troper Krimsh. Mainly a dialogue between the captain of the SSPS Abrogator, flagship of the Society of Selected Planets, and the ambassador which the battleship has been commissioned to transport.
Well, Mr. Ambassador... provides examples of the following tropes:
- Fun with Acronyms: The "Precise Location Over Time" device powering the ship.
- Meaningful Name: The SSPS Abrogator; to abrogate is to put an end to something by formal means. The ship does this to voters.
- No Name Given: The Captain and The Ambassador are the main characters, representing The New President (and formerly representing The President). Even The Capitol (city) has this issue.
- Powered by a Forsaken Child: faster-than-light drive fuel is pieces of condemned criminals.
- Punny Name: Hypersian rug; the DAEUS Six Machine
- Starship Luxurious: Yep. And how.
- Traveling At the Speed of Plot: Or it would, if it worked.