|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Midnight snack needed? No problem! Drink after work? We're on it! Craving a pack of cigarettes? We'll be happy to serve you, as soon as you show your drivers license...
Welcome to the Convenience Store is a weekly gag manhwa that follows the lives of three employees, their manager, and all the different people they serve. Whether it be sorting out snacks by expiration date, trying to work the cash register, or just dealing with troublesome customers, the tales of this 24/7 store will be sure to elicit a smile and warm the heart.
This webtoon shows examples of:
- Amusing Injuries
- Black Comedy Rape: "Watch for the soap when you join the army."
- Bodyguard Crush: The blue-haired bodyguard in chapter 68.
- Cranial Eruption: The most common injury.
- Doting Parent: There is a father in chapter 7 who doesn't bring enough money to buy both his cigarettes and his daughters chips. Cue wide-eyed stare. Guess which one he decides not to buy?
- They return sixty chapters later.
- First Love: Chapter 66's title and theme.
- Fourth Wall Mail Slot: Chapter 50.
- I Have This Friend: The forty-five-year-old who likes Girls Generation (a Korean girl group), definitely not you, Manager... of course.
- Like Brother and Sister
- Puppy Dog Eyes
- Running Gag: The dancing costumer and soap.
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: When asked, a customer refers to his female friend as a "friendly woman person".
- Shout-Out: Plenty to Korean bands, Gag Concert and one to Death Note in chapter 38.
- When angry in chapter 47 Min Jun has an aura and glowing hair, like in Dragonball Z.
- Status Quo Is God: This is a weekly gag comic. Plot advancement really isn't an issue here.
- Unsettling Gender Reveal: The "man" in chapter 66.
- Waxing Lyrical: It's common for characters to quote song lyrics, particularly Girl's Generation.