|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
A stock phrase used when one character welcomes another (whether as a threat, sarcastically, or otherwise) to some kind of bad situation. For example, a cop welcoming the new guy to the precinct (a la RoboCop) or a villain threatening the hero (sometimes with a literal hell).
- Edge of Darkness (2010)
Thomas Craven: Welcome to Hell!
Manson: Where are you from?
- Sydney White
Rachel Witchburn: Welcome to Hell, skanks!
Arthur: [greeting a returning Freddy] Welcome to Hell.
- Quid Pro Quo
Isaac: Welcome to hell. I'll introduce you to the staff.
Pinhead: "Welcome... to Hell."
- And again in Hellraiser: Hellworld
Pinhead: Welcome. Welcome to Hell.
- Robin Hood (1991) TV movie
Friar Tuck: Welcome to hell!
- Men of War (not the RTS game)
Nick: [to Keefer] Welcome to Hell.
- Control Factor
Lance Bishop: ...your little secret, that the devil doesn't exist any more. Because you and your people have taken his place. Here's my little secret. Welcome to hell...
- Glory Glory
Ellie: [returning to Silver Creek where they were raped] Welcome home, Widow, welcome to hell.
Pratham: Welcome to Hell.
- Inherit the Wind: E. K. Hornbeck, to Henry Drummond: "Hello, Devil. Welcome to Hell."
- Diamonds Are Forever: "Welcome to Hell, Blofeld."
- Nothing To Lose: "Welcome to hell, biiiiatch."
- Paint Your Wagon: "Welcome to hell, Parson!"
- The Rookie: "Well, welcome to Hell!"
- Little Miss Sunshine: (Written) "Welcome to Hell."
- Hombre Mirando Al Sudeste: Thought by Dr. Denis at the beginning of the movie.
- Ratatouille: "Welcome to Hell."
- A variant in Aliens: "We're on an express elevator to Hell, going down!"
- The horror anthology Tales From the Hood ends with the host revealing himself as Satan and triumphantly welcoming the street gang he's been talking to with this phrase, as only a true Large Ham can.
- ER episode "Doctor Carter, I Presume"
Dr. Melvoin: [to a fresh group of interns] You are wedges. The wedge is the most primitive tool known to man. That is you. You think you know what you're doing, believe me, you don't. Breakfast with your Senior Surgical Resident Dr. Benton will begin in 15 minutes. Dr. Benton is an intern's worst nightmare. He's smarter than you, he never eats, he never sleeps and he reads every medical journal no matter how obscure. He is the Antichrist. Beelzebub. Lucifer. A devourer of wedges. You will go to sleep at night wishing plague and pestilence on his unborn children and you will wake up every morning praying for his approval. You won't get it. Welcome to hell, ladies and gentlemen.
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episode "Hard Time"
Ee'char: My name is Ee'char.
- Vecinos pilot episode
Alejandra: Welcome to the Hell-Mouth. This, our new home!
David Spade: Macaulay Culkin. [snip] Let me tell you something kid, you're cute, you got blond hair, everyone loves you, it's true. Here's the catch: I used to look exactly like you when I was 10. Oh yeah. This is where you're headed, buddy, welcome to hell!
- In 2017, a song was produced under this title concerning men's worries and fears about being accused, with changing winds in the surrounding landscape, of sexual assault -- "Welcome to Hell", as sung by women speaking as having been there long before their audience.
- In Scrubs, Turk does this to some visiting interns. JD also compares Dr. Kelso to the devil (calling him a Devil in Plain Sight when he gives his "I want you to think of me as your safety net" speech to them as he did in the pilot).
- The writing on the door of the Sanctuary Base in the episode "The Impossible Planet" in Doctor Who.
- The title character of Angel says this to the villain in the episode Hellbound after trapping him, immortal and paralyzed, in a tiny room (the irony being that the villain's motive was to avoid the more literal Hell, something he doesn't have to worry about anymore).
- Rowan Atkinson does a skit in which he is Satan and is welcoming the latest batch of souls to Hell. The opening line is "welcome to hell" (or close). He then proceeds to separate the souls into groups for their respective punishments.
- Welcome to my Realm by Fireaxe. Interesting in that it is actually sung by the devil as he is literally welcoming people into Hell. And using the screams of the damned as backup vocals.
- The reaction to the Pointy-Haired Boss in Dilbert when he cracks down on employees taking 40% of their sick time on Monday and Friday.
Asok: HA HA HA! THAT'S A GOOD ONE!...please tell me he was kidding.
Vladimir Zakarov: He tells me you're here for Billie and Teko.
- Appears on a sign before the Bonus Dungeon in Cave Story. Good luck!
- Hell Temple in La-Mulana has a welcoming tablet, which reminds the player: "This is Hell Temple. Hell Temple is hell!"
- Action 52: "Make your selection ... now."
- The Penguin says this word for word when Batman enters The Iceberg Lounge in Batman: Arkham City.
- In Monster Party, The Grim Reaper says "Welcome! Entrance to Hell."
- Modern Warfare 3 has Makarov declare to Captain Price that "hell awaits you" as the first sign that the assassination mission on him has gone horribly wrong, especially as he wasn't even supposed to know that Price and the player's team were there. It's also a clever Call Back to the second game, where Price had told him See You in Hell.
- Early in Concerned: The half-life and death of Gordon Frohman, Dr. Breen has a Is This Thing Still On? moment that includes this phrase.
- In Girl Genius, after Agatha enters the castle.
- Used in Shades Of Gray to welcome Grace/Gray to actual Hell.
- The Angry Video Game Nerd, review of Super Mario Bros.. 3: "This part doesn't fuck around! It's like, you got to the end, you dare to play, welcome to Hell!"
- Home Movies: In the Camp episode, which was... uh, hell for the kids. Welcome to hellllll, yer gonna burn in there...
- Discussed in the Venture Brothers episode "Hate Floats":
Phantom Limb: Oh yes, apart from ‘Behold-the-Giant-Walking-Death-Ray’ speech, the ‘Welcome-To-Hell’ speech is my favorite.
- Welcome to Boatmurdered Hope you like miasma!