The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
2006-2007 Web Series about three post-college guys Tom, Henry, and Rod, who all get dumped by their college girlfriends on the same day. They spend the rest of the 11 episode series seeking to reattain their former state of Boyfriend-ness.
This show provides examples of:
- Author Avatar: All three leads.
- Chewbacca Defense: How Rod manages to win most of his fights with Henry.
- Geeky Turn On: Henry's first crush was on Jenny because she was a cofounder of several sci-fi related clubs at his school.
- Development Hell: Where the possible TV adaptation of "We Need Girlfriends" has apparently been for several years.
- Did Not Get the Girl: Poor Tom is the only one, though he comes close with Lucy.
- Jerkass: Often Rod, especially in "Rod vs. Henry"
- Jerk Jock: Dennis fits this trope.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Again, Rod.
- Nice Guy: Definitely Henry and Tom, sometimes Rod.
- Of Course I'm Not a Virgin: Though all the guys are awkward with girls, it is established that all of them have slept with their previous girlfriends in college.
- Only Sane Man: Tom.
- Shout-Out: Lots, often facilitated by the guys' love of the game Celebrity Taboo, which is in itself a Shout-Out...
- Tampering with Food and Drink: During "Rod vs. Henry" Rod pours Drain-o on Henry's breakfast. Tom asks about this and Rod claims "Drain-o kills clogs, not people."
Episodes of this series provide examples of:
- Be Yourself: Rod and Henry's advice to Tom in "First Date Ever."
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.