|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
A Namco game simulating cheerleading, for the Wii. In terms of gameplay, it's like a motion controlled Osu Tatakae Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents, where you move the controller(s) in synch with the indicators. Just instead of dots you have lines that show you which direction to move the controller.
The first game was a modest hit, selling nearly half a million copies. The second game has sold about half that much, but the game hasn't been out as long, and did feature noticeable improvements, such as testing out the lag adjustment in the options menu.
Contains Examples Of:
- And Your Reward Is Clothes
- Animesque: The girls look like a cross between this and Bratz.
- Bare Your Midriff: Several of the outfits.
- Character Customization: The second game, where you can pretty much customize your team's faces and uniforms to a ridiculous degree. And yes, someone already tried a crossover with Elite Beat Agents.
- Everything's Worse with Bears: See Shout Out below.
- Exergaming: The games have an exercise mode, and while not as extensive as Wii Fit, EA Sports Active, or The Biggest Loser game, it can still be a strong cardio burn.
- Girlish Pigtails: Ai, Ling
- Hair of Gold: Tracy
- Panty Shot: It's a game about cheerleading. There have to be panty shots somewhere.
- Sequel Difficulty Drop: The easy mode for the songs, and better calibration for the controls.
- Sequel Escalation: In terms of the customization.
- Shout-Out: One of the stages has a giant Pac-Man game playing in the background. You can even get Pac-Man accessories once you reach the highest rank. At night, the stage has Galaga playing in the background instead.
- And you also get to train Kuma and Panda from Tekken.
- Unlockable Content
- Virtual Paper Doll: All cheerleader clothes, of course.
- Writing Around Trademarks: This obviously couldn't be called Wii Cheer, since the term "Wii" belongs to Nintendo.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Several of the girls by default, and all of them have this among the customization options.