|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Sideways Stories From Wayside School
- Louis tells Mrs. Jewls' students a story about children who attended a one-story schoolhouse, never got turned into apples, never ate Maurecia-flavored ice cream, etc. Mrs. Jewls and her students refuse to believe a school with such "strange and silly" children exists.
Wayside School is Falling Down
- In chapter 12 of Falling Down, Jason's pencil chewing habit gets so bad he has to borrow pencils off of other students and chews them too. Mrs. Jewls' solution? Taping Jason's mouth shut. This becomes even funnier because when Allison laughs at him, Jason's speech impairment allows him to curse at her without impunity. Oh, and because of his big mouth, Jason has a lot of tape on his head.
- "Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
Wayside School Gets A Little Stranger
- The confusion that "Pet Day" causes for readers who don't read the list of students and pets at the end.
- And the later blink-and-you'll-miss-it Call Back in the voice switching incident.
Sideways Arithmetic Series
- One of the Erics trying to wing a geography quiz by answering every question, "Alaska", and getting "at least one" correct as a result.
- When Allison expresses concern that inviting too many boys to her birthday party would make it become too "silly", Mrs. Jewls "mathematically" confirms her concern by writing, "boys+boys=silly" on the board. Then, for the sake of gender equality, she also writes, "girls+girls=silly".
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.