|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Tropes this movie follows:
- Alternative Foreign Theme Song: The Japanese version uses "Strong Style" by Kreva.
- Back Stab: Rogue/Lone shoots John in the back for killing his family, even though John stops the sniper from shooting his friend.
- But for Me It Was Tuesday:
Shiro: I ordered many kills.
Rogue/Lone: This one was different.
- The Chessmaster: Rogue ends up working for both sides in effort to bring both of them down.
- Downer Ending: It seems that John is dead.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Rogue seems reluctant to kill Chang's wife and daughter, despite previously killing Lone's family. However, it was revealed that Rogue is really Lone.
- He Who Fights Monsters: Rogue is a shining example
- Xanatos Gambit: Officer Chang sets this in motion after he kills the real Rouge and takes his place.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Hiro Kanagawa (he was Principal Kwan in Smallville season one)
- Hitman with a Heart: Rogue
- Idiot Ball: John was working for Shiro Yanagawa only to get to Rogue. However, his partner Tom Lone shoots him to save John. As payback for cheating him on his chance to finally capture Rogue, John gave Tom's address to Shiro. He thought they're just gonna beat him up, but he didn't know they'd sent Rogue. However, after Rogue killed his family, Lone kills him, and was able to have pass Rogue off as himself while Lone became Rogue.
- Let the Boss Win: All of Chang's men fear the consequences that may follow should they actually score a hit on him in sparring. When he is momentarily distracted, one of them accidentally strikes him, and the minion fully expects the worst. Instead, Chang seemingly subverts this by reassuring the terrified mook that it was Chang's own fault for being distracted and congratulates him on the hit. Then he double subverts this by killing the poor guy anyway.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: Of a sort. More like, "Luke I am your partner".
- Not Himself: Shiro ordered Rogue to kill Li Chang. But he seems to show reluctance when he's ordered to also kill Li Chang's wife and daughter. Shiro's daughter Kira points out Rogue that he never had problems killing women and children before. That's because he's not Rogue.
- That Man Is Dead: "Tom Lone is dead. I am Rogue."
- Those Two Actors: Devon Aoki and Kane Kosugi would get more prominent roles later in Dead or Alive.
- You Killed My Father: Subversion. "You killed my partner and his family."
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.