The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: A guy is never seen with a shirt on and bares his chest everywhere.
- Straight: Jacob almost never wears a shirt.
- Jacob NEVER wears a shirt, period.
- Jacob lives in a hot climate, where not wearing shirts are normal.
- Jacob is a Nature Hero and wears only enough clothes to keep from being arrested.
- Jacob never takes his shirt off, even in situations where it doesn't make sense to keep it on.
- Subverted: Jacob is shirtless for the whole summer. However, in the fall, someone buys him a nice shirt. He likes it so much that he wore it for the rest of the year.
- Double Subverted:
- ...until someone steals it.
- Normally bare-chested Jacob has to wear a T-shirt... but nothing says that it couldn't be transparent from the front.
- Parodied: Jacob is allergic to fabric, and breaks into a rash if his chest is ever covered by a piece of clothing.
- Jacob's shirtlessness causes a cultural clash in some towns and areas that have more modesty.
- Jacob gets easily injured in a gunfight/swordfight.
- Reconstructed: Jacob doesn't care because he likes going shirtless too much.
- Zig Zagged:
- Jacob has multiple personality disorder. Therefore, he sometimes is modest one day, and then not wear a shirt on the next. He sometimes wears an open shirt, and sometimes a sash.
- Jacob he has a double life. During a day, he is modest. At night, he is a shirtless crimefighting vigilante.
- Jacob is normally bare-chested whether he wears a shirt or not; but then comes a time where he has to walk around in a cold enough weather that he's thus forced to wear an long-sleeved shirt and close it at all times, lest he suffer pneumonia; and true to himself, he keeps grumbling about how he hates his situation. Eventually, he does return to his usual wardrobe of choice, only to later have to disguise himself as Alex, who never goes shirtless in public. And just when Jacob finally ditches the disguise, he gets invited to a close friend's wedding, and decides to not embarrass him/her by walking around with a naked torso. And just when things finally seem to return to normality, he now has to wear a hazmat suit because there's been a leakage of a bio-chemical warfare agent in the neighborhood, which is highly transmissible via skin contact... At this point, he gives the middle finger to the universe and wears a specially-designed hazmat suit that is transparent in the torso area!
- Averted: Jacob always keeps his shirt on in public.
- Enforced: "Hey, this guy has an awesome physique. Let's show it off more and attract some female fans!"
- Lampshaded: "Do you notice that you never see Jacob wear a shirt? Must be for the girls..."
- Invoked: Jacob decides to start going around without a shirt because he thinks it'll make him look more badass.
- To avoid attracting unwanted attention, Jacob attempts to wear a shirt at all times.
- Discussed: "If Jacob went around without a shirt on, chicks would be all over him."
- Conversed: "Couldn't Jacob wear a shirt at least once, he's making me sensitive about my appearance."
Back to Walking Shirtless Scene
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.