|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Accidental Innuendo: At least one episode, "Speeding for Smogland, shows a VIBRATOR option on Penelope Pitstop's dashboard.
- Alternate Character Interpretation: Dick Dastardly constantly gets far enough ahead before stopping to cheat, proving him to be the best racer out of all of them. Isn't it more likely he has more fun losing creatively than the hollow victory of an easy win?
- Freud Was Right: Peter Perfect with his long extendable car.
- ...with two huge tyres at the back.
- Not to mention the time he gets a puncture; the whole car shrivels and deflates, leaving him sitting mournfully in the wreckage, with Penelope berating him for blocking the road. He replies that he'll have to "shake some life" into it, and it stiffens back to its full size.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: For some reason this show was really popular in Japan, and Anime like making episodes in homage to it.
- Considering Speed Racer is fairly popular, it only makes sense.
- Memetic Mutation: Rassin' frassin'...
- Rooting for the Empire: Many people want to see Dick Dastardly win for once.
- Smurfette Breakout: Penelope Pitstop was the only female racer, and got her own spinoff series.
- Woolseyism: In the Latin American dub (which was broadcast in Spain, too), Dick Dastardly was turned into a Frenchman, called Pierre Nodoyuna (Nodoyuna -"No doy una"- is a colloquial Spanish term for "I always fail"). The change actually helped Dastardly's appeal in the Spanish-speaking countries, and he still remains a fairly popular character.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.