|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Wall-E: The beautiful movie about two robots and a bunch of pudgy humans IN SPACE. And while we do examine issues about the environment and consumerism, the story is really about love and home and second chances and there are some simply soul touching moments along the way.
- After Eve shuts down, Wall-E takes care of her even through rain and storms.
- The dancing scene. Also a Crowning Music of Awesome.
- After WALL-E appears to have completely lost his sentience and love for EVE, she...sings to him, and spark-kisses him goodbye. Then a few moments later..."Evuh?" *happy tears*
- Not to mention how when he sees that she's holding his hand he said "Eevah!" in the happiest voice you'd ever hear from a robot.
- Everything that happens between John and Mary. Literally everything.
- When WALL-E and EVE fly around the spaceship together (the dance over the Axiom's hull), particularly when WALL-E's propellant runs out and EVE catches him.
- The trip to the Axiom, when WALL-E knocks on the window and points the stars out to EVE. Especially the little "EEV-A!" sound he makes. :D
- My heart melts every single time I see that scene. It's utterly adorable. Heck, the entire sequnce, with WALL-E seeing the beauty of space for the first time.
- My female relatives who saw the movie with me "awww"ed at the above, at the sunset, every time WALL-E's binocular eyes slanted downwards, every time they hugged, both times they "kissed", when EVE watched her security recording that depicted WALL-E's efforts to protect her, the entire finale... It would probably be a shorter list to note the scenes they didn't "awww" at.
- Admit it... you "awww"ed, too.
- When, in the junk disposal room, EVE chooses to ignore her original directive in order to try and help WALL-E, who had gotten severely damaged.
- Not to mention during the alternate scene for that. EVE gets badly damaged, and WALL-E is the one that fixes her.
- Hubcap Hat. D'awwwwwww.
- For me, it was everytime he watched that old movie, got to the part where the man and woman were holding hands, and unconsciously started holding his own hands. And the fact that it was EVE finally holding his hand after WALL-E's memory got erased that caused him to reboot back to normal had me crying friggin' Manly Tears.
- The end credits. The pictures of the humans and robots rebuilding civilization and restoring the earth, and of WALL-E and EVE holding hands under the tree that grew from the boot were absolutely beautiful. What really touched me was how the humans and robots are rebuilding everything together. The pictures in evolving styles multiply it over 1000 times too.
- I can't decide if this falls under Crowning Moment of Heartwarming or Crowning Moment of Awesome (or maybe both): All the "defective" bots that WALL-E inadvertently recruits in the repair ward start using the Hello Dolly song as a rallying cry. They even start beeping/whirring/buzzing/whatever in time with the tune.
- The Captain's "We HAVE to go back." epiphany. Of course, he also had an earlier one, when he at first seems to be just like the others on the Axiom, until he analyzes the soil and hears the word "Earth." When he asked for a definition and saw all those screens, I thought, "YES! He's waking up!"
- The Captain's "I don't want to survive! I want to LIVE!"
- I found the above example to be one of the most moving lines ever uttered in a Pixar movie.
- When we found out he was so fascinated by Earth and had been asking about thing after thing was a CMoH all by itself. Then he asked about dancing and as the comp defined it for him, we cut to WALL-E and EVE doing their outer space flying dance. Awwwwwww.
- When auto in all but name sent the captain to bed, and he snuck back to the main computer and kept looking things up, just that "Little-kid-under-his-covers-reading-by-flashlight" vibe; just makes me start to tear up.
- Every time WALL-E met someone new.
- The secretary-bot learning to wave. D'aww!
- WALL-E rocking himself to sleep in the beginning.
- The part when WALL-E is watching EVE fly for the first time is really heartwarming. (you know, before she shoots at him. XD)
- WALL-E's and EVE's first "conversation." How does a scene consisting of four words repeated over and over again look so sweet?
- WALL-E's reaction after EVE "kisses" him the first time... Awwwww.
- As well as his expression after he regains his memory and realizes that EVE is holding his hand.
- Garbage Airlock, when the WALL-A units stop what they have been 24/7 doing for the last few hundred years to give EVE some light to try and fix up WALL-E and when EVE shoots a hole in the roof and flies off to try and get WALL-E back home to save him they give a wave to wish them good luck. The hand shake with M-O is a nice moment too.
- M-O cleaning up WALL-E because it's the most he can do to help, but leaving himself covered in dirt. Considering he has the robot form of OCD and mysophobia, and that it is programmed into him and thus he can't really help it, it is heartwarming to see.
- "Di ... rec ... tive." The little guy was on the point of literally falling apart and he still chooses helping others over saving himself. It's even more than that: the intense electric shock given to him by Big Bad AUTO shorted out his heart-equivalent. EVE couldn't find a replacement in the garbage, so the only place where they could get a replacement was WALL-E's "bachelor pad". EVE would only think of him, swapping out her original procedural mindset into the less-rational behavior exhibited by, for example, Romeo and Juliet. By directing her back to the "Di...rec...tive," WALL-E was able to redeem everyone on the Axiom and get himself to the only place where he could be helped. In one fell swoop. Sort of like a CMOA for WALL-E as well.
WALL-E: Di ... rec ... tive. Earth.
EVE: ... Earth? Earth!
- The scene when WALL-E and EVE are heading out of the airlock. Just before they fly out WALL-E calls out to M-O, and M-O (initially in disbelief) happily accepts and they all fly out. Both of the robots seemed to be in constant argument with each other prior to this scene and it was beautiful to see them Overcome Their Differences.
- Pretty much every time EVE gives her adorable little giggle, as well as when she whispers, "WALL-E!" at the end.
- One of the most beautiful moments in the film comes early on when WALL-E is showing EVE his collection and pulls out a cigarette lighter, which she flicks on. They both stare in awe at the little flame for a while...then his gaze moves onto her.
- When WALL-E is badly damaged and the Axiom lands on Earth, EVE cares about one thing, and one thing only: fixing WALL-E. This Troper actually cheered EVE on as she darted around his truck, replacing his parts, manually opening his solar panels and blasting a hole in the roof so he can recharge.