|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Deborah Ballin (Grant) is a journalist who has set out to prove that a woman accused of killing her husband is actually a case of self-defense, citing her husband's Domestic Abuser status. A television program about this case catches the eye of woman-hating psycho Colt Hawker (Ironside), who decides to make Deborah his next victim.
Colt attacks Deborah at her home, but she eludes him and survives. Wounded severely by Colt's assault, she is taken to a hospital to recover. But Colt is determined to finish the job and is planning to pay her a visit...
These tropes never recovered:
- Axe Before Entering
- Cassandra Truth: When Deborah hears Colt's bell ringing nearby, people assume that she is hearing things due to shock.
- Cat Scare: Deborah's parrot.
- Comforting Comforter
- Destination Defenestration: Happens to a guard who crosses Colt.
- Domestic Abuser: Colt's father towards his mother.
- Freudian Excuse: Colt's mother attacking his father is what his hatred of women stems from.
- Hoist by His Own Petard
- Hollywood Heart Attack: Colt causes one in an old woman in the hospital.
- I Have Your Wife: Colt calls Sheila to let her know that he is in her house and has her children at his mercy.
- Knife Nut: Colt prefers knives.
- Like Father, Like Son: Colt got his misogynistic traits from his father.
- Lady Drunk: Colt's landlady.
- Medical Horror: Main selling point.
- Menacing Stroll: Justified, as Ironside broke his ankle during the first day of filming. Explained in-movie with Colt swallowing lots of pills before going after Deborah for the last time.
- Mirror Scare
- Names to Run Away From Really Fast: Colt Hawker.
- Not Quite Dead
- Novelization: Yes, but only available used.
- Pet the Dog: Colt still cares for his geriatric father.
- Plot Induced Stupidity: Despite acquiring evidence against Colt, Lisa doesn't show it to the cops right away. She instead shows them to Sheila and waits to show them to Deborah.
- The Quiet One: Colt doesn't say much.
- Removed From the Picture: Colt has a wedding picture of his parents with his mother torn out.
- Screaming Woman
- Serial Killer: Colt has been killing women for a while before targeting Deborah.
- Shirtless Scene: Colt's initial attack on Deborah.
- Straw Misogynist
- Trophy Room: Colt keeps pictures of his past and future victims in his closet.
- Two-Faced: Colt's father, who got boiling oil thrown on his face by his wife.
- Video Nasty: This film was branded as one. When it was shown on British television, the network which aired it was fined.
- Window Pain