|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Virtual Villagers is a casual game created by independent game studio Last Day of Work. It features a tribe of little people who survive a shipwreck and must build a new life on the island of Isola. It has four sequels; Virtual Villagers 2: The Lost Children, Virtual Villagers 3: Secret City, Virtual Villagers 4: The Tree of Life, and Virtual Villagers 5: New Believers, along with the spin-off Virtual Families.
- Virtual Villagers: A New Home takes place after a volcano eruption destroys the island that a small tribe lived on. They escape in boats and float for days before crashing onto the beautiful island of Isola. Once there, you must build a tribe while solving puzzles to unlock the mysteries of Isola.
- Virtual Villagers 2: The Lost Children: Two Too Dumb to Live villagers venture into the cave and fall down a waterfall, landing on the other shore of Isola, where they find some lost children. They begin making a new tribe there while discovering more mysteries. A lot of people thought this ended the series, but it made money, so:
- Virtual Villagers 3: Secret City: A group of villagers venture to the North shore of Isola, where they find an abandoned civilization. They decide to make a new tribe there and discover more mysteries of Isola. It's not over yet folks.
- Virtual Villagers 4: The Tree of Life: This game received a mixed reaction. The Tree of Life features, what else, a tree of life, that your villagers have to nurture back to health. This was the very first game that you could select what villagers you wanted to start out with.
- Virtual Villagers 5: The New Believers: The most recent game, New Believers finally makes the player a literal God, as they have to get some heathens to believe in them, a giant flying hand god which is worshiped by the villagers. Guess how it ends. Just take a wild guess.
Tropes in the series
- A God Is You: Implicit in the first four games, but explicit in the fifth, New Believers, where the player has to convert a tribe of 'heathens' to the worship of the 'Guiding Hand' (that is, the player).
- Always Identical Twins: Occasionally a mother will have twins or (rarely) triplets. They are simply clones of each other.
- Capcom Sequel Stagnation: And how. Almost nothing changes between games, though, it is just an island simulator.
- G-Rated Sex: When you drop your villagers on another villager of the opposite gender, a kiss sound is played and the two will head to the shack, and the woman will come out with a baby. Occasionally before the male even gets to the shack, she will come out with a baby.
- If the female is prevented from going to the shack the baby will appear out of thin air in the mother's arms, fully dressed in swaddling clothes.
- Shout-Out: The fish of fertility from Virtual Villagers: A New Home is the same fish of fertility from Fish Tycoon. Likewise, the plants and fish you are trying to discover in Plant Tycoon and Fish Tycoon are from Isola.