|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Virtual Pet Planet is a webcomic parody of on-line virtual pet games. The story revolves around Dee, the pink goat lad from Bright Kingdom (The UK in VPP universe) who recently moved away to Central Station (US) to attend the town's fancy art academy. He soon crosses paths with a cast of characters whose owners are a direct parallel of common archetypes found on many online games.
This comic provides examples of:
- Parental Abandonment : Dee asks about Benny's owner, but the subject is immediately dropped.
- Over Enthusiastic Parents: Dee's Owner, Sexymuffin, is the definition of this trope. Even if her "offspring" is purely digital. This can sometimes even overlap into a Doting Parent situation.
- Digital Avatar: All of the owners.
- Funny Animal: All of the pets.
- Our Fairies Are Different: The Pixie folk in general
- Amazing Technicolor Wildlife: Nearly all of the pets are a weird unnatural color. Even the main character sports a shocking pink coat!