|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Solo project by Yoshiki Hayashi that has spanned over 10 years of work. Arguably a Casting Couch, but has produced some very interesting solo music. Violet UK has produced music for, among others, the movies "Catacombs" ("Blue Butterfly,"), Repo! The Genetic Opera ("VUK-R"), Goemon ("Rosa"), a Japanese news station ("Blue Sky Heaven"), as well as a series of previous songs that were performed in a 2002 symphonic concert (one of which, "Unnamed Song," was arguably Covered Up by X Japan vocalist Toshi in his 2010 farewell solo live).
Provides Examples of:
- Angst: It wouldn't *be* a Yoshiki Hayashi project without it.
- Butterfly of Death and Rebirth: "Blue Butterfly."
- Casting Couch: Arguably one, since its vocalists all seem to share certain characteristics that Yoshiki appears to find personally attractive, and he's dated at least one vocalist and one bassist from the project.
- Cluster F-Bomb: One can be found in the full version of "Blind Dance" (the 17 minute plus version). "Fucking, fucking, fucking..."
- Cover Version: Toshi has covered "Unnamed Song/7th," and "I'll Be Your Love."
- Fashion Show: VUK's usual role in X Japan concerts.
- Gothic Punk
- Gothic Metal
- Goth Rock
- Horror: Most of the US work Violet UK has done is horror or Splatter Punk, such as Catacombs and Repo!.
- Intercourse with You: The full version of "Blind Dance." The radio edit is an ambient sound piece with some of the vocals left in, but it's more reliant on Double Entendre and implications. The full version is a Gothic Metal Intercourse with You song.
- Power Pop: English and Japanese versions of "I'll Be Your Love."
- Precision F-Strike: "It's still fucking my mind!" in "Sex and Religion."
- Religion Rant Song: "Sex And Religion."