The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
His play Le roi s'amuse was the basis of the Verdi opera Rigoletto.
Works by Victor Hugo with their own trope pages include:
Other works by Victor Hugo provide examples of:
- Ermine Cape Effect: The play Ruy Blas was criticized for having the Queen in full regalia when she confessed her love to the eponymous character. Since it was a climax, he got away by invoking the Rule of Cool.
- Giant Eye of Doom: In the poem "The Conscience", Cain is followed everywhere by an eye.
- Historical Domain Character: Lucrezia Borgia, Ninety-Three, and many others
- Historical In-Joke: Ninety-Three, among others
- Nasty Party: Lucrezia Borgia
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.